Pro-Life Day of Silence

Hello to all!

I go to an all guys Catholic school and, sad as it is to say, I’m sure that there are pro-choicers in my school. So I heard about this thing called the day of silence.

NOT the day of silence promoting homosexuality…that’s a whole other debate…haha

This day of silence, held nationally October 20, is an all day event of silence FOR LIFE. You wear red tape over you mouth with the word “Life” written on it, and you are just that; silent. I’m going to try and do it at my school.

But one question; the Church is totally for this, right? I mean, a peaceful protest FOR LIFE. Sounds grand to me.

Here’s the official site: silentday.org/

Pax

I don’t know about what the Church thinks of this… I can’t imagine why she would object though. What an amazing idea!! I’m definitely going to do this!

Sounds great! If I weren’t working at a job where this could cross the line and didn’t have young children who need a mom to tell them NO sometimes, I’d be tempted to join in :slight_smile: Let us know how it goes. I’m sure you’ll get some harsh responses as well as some support, so remind us to pray for you on October 19th!

I saw this. I think the event is a good idea, BUT…

the logo is very unfortunate. A girl with a tape over her mouth labeled “LIFE”? One could take such an image to mean that women are silenced by the pro-life movement - that in the name of life, they’re denied their voices and their freedom of choice.

(A long time ago, I had seen a photo of a protester with “LIFE” taped over her mouth, and had assumed she was a pro-choice activist. I’m still pretty sure she was. Sealed lips seem to be a pretty big deal for feminists - see here: youtube.com/watch?v=8Z0injXhip4 )

It makes me wonder just who designed the campaign. Those who came up with the minute of silence concept had honest intentions, I’m sure, and it’s a good idea, but boy is the branding off.

edit: if you go to the website of those who designed at least their website (805collective.com/) and scroll down to the “Rise Up” project, you’ll see an image of a Native American with an American flag/map covering his lips. See what I mean?

Ooh, good point…
I think we have the gumption to do it without the tape, however. Unless it’s a fast as well:D

Yeah, I see what you’re saying.

It’s not required that you wear it on your mouth though.
You can wear the tape on your shoulder if you like.

And also, you don’t have to be legalistic about it. If someone comes up to you and needs to talk to you seriously about why they should be pro-life, you CERTAINLY should rip that tape right off! haha

Thanks for the support

You may be pro-choice, but GOD is Pro-Life.

But Jesus said to them,
"Let the little children be,
and do not hinder them from coming to Me,
for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven."
Matthew 19:14

Does an aborted child ever get to enjoy this heavenly privilege?

But Jesus, knowing the reasoning of their heart, took a little child and set him at His side
and said to them,
"Whoever receives this little child for My sake, receives Me;
and whoever receives Me, receives Him who sent Me."
Luke 9:47-48

Does Jesus Christ love children?

The word ‘children’ is mentioned over 1500 times in Holy Scripture.
From that, I must deduce that ‘children’ are of paramount
importance to GOD.

To the author of a book the fruit of his works belongs to the author.

Likewise…

To the Author of Life, the fruit of His works belongs to the Author.
"But you disowned the Holy and Just One, and asked that a murderer
should be granted to you;
but the Author of Life you killed
whom GOD has raised up from the dead; whereof we are witnesses."
Acts 3:14-15

"Behold all souls are mine: as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine:
the soul that sins, the same shall die."
Ezekiel 18:4

So when does life begin? Holy Scripture told us the answer. Are pro-abortionists paying attention?
"For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead."
James 2:26
It is obvious that life begins at conception, simply because a dead fetus will not grow.

GOD is Pro-Life.

"Or do you not know that your members are the temple of the Holy Spirit,
who is in you, whom you have from GOD,
and that you are NOT your own?
For you have been bought at great price.
Glorify GOD and bear Him in your body."
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
GOD is Pro-Life.

Then the Lord said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?"
He answered, "I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?"
And the Lord said, "What have you done? The voice of your brother’s
blood cries to me from the ground. And now cursed are you in the soil
which has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand."
Genesis 4:9-11
GOD hears the blood of the innocent who were slain.
GOD is Pro-Life.

home.inreach.com/bstanley/abortion.htm

I had not heard about this yet. Thanks for sharing!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.