Pro-Life Olympics?

(I dunno where to put this, but I like Family Life, so why not? ^^)

I’ve been watching the Olympics quite avidly, it’s the only time I watch sports, and it’s great to have it in Canada, and I’ve been noticing a whole lot of pro-life-ness about it! The final day that the torch ran through Vancouver there were not just one, but 2 people with Down’s syndrome who ran with the torch shown on CTV, and I’m willing to bet there were more like them in the 106 day trek the torch made across our huge country. Also, a lovely lady who just turned 90 who is an athlete herself, and picked up her sport, track and field, at the age of 77!!! So a great showing that life doesn’t end at 65. :stuck_out_tongue: And finally tonight, Canada won gold for the first time on home snow (;)) and the champion said his inspiration was his older brother, who has cerebral palsey; this brother was shown repeatedly on live tv, on CTV, cheering in the stands.

I am so thrilled about all of this, real live examples that people of all ages with all sorts issues can have totally fulfilling lives and get to take part in historic events. :thumbsup: What do y’all think? :smiley:

lol, positive thread gets no replies! :p

Although your thread was positive, I'm not really sure that this year's torch run was any different than any other years. The torch is often carried by handicapped runners, by elderly, by the famous and the unknown, young and old alike. Yes, it is affirming that they choose all types to carry the torch.

On a side note, I'd probably find it just as pleasurable if hot young men carried it all the way.:p

[quote="purplesunshine, post:3, topic:186899"]
Although your thread was positive, I'm not really sure that this year's torch run was any different than any other years. The torch is often carried by handicapped runners, by elderly, by the famous and the unknown, young and old alike. Yes, it is affirming that they choose all types to carry the torch.

On a side note, I'd probably find it just as pleasurable if hot young men carried it all the way.:p

[/quote]

Fair enough, I guess I never got to see the torch run before, but because it was Canadian this time, it was all over our news networks. :thumbsup:

So fiiiine, I'll go be excited over the pro-life-ness all by myself in the corner over here... >.>

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.