Pro-life triumph in Dominican Republic: Lawmakers overwhelmingly reject abortion (CNA)

Santo Domingo, Apr 23, 2009 / 03:01 pm (CNA).- An overwhelming majority of Dominican lawmakers voted to protect the country from abortion by modifying the constitution to guarantee the right to life from conception to natural death, in a vote of 167-32. feedads.googleadservices.com/~a/5HW1RUk-AxSArJb4c7LH59GYtYY/i

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/~r/catholicnewsagency/dailynews/~4/EwM5YKwdIpY

Full article…

Now that was the best news I’ve heard all day. :slight_smile:

i agree, if only we could follow their example instead of having to hear people testifying before congress that they want us to help pay for the abortions world wide because somehow murder is now a right. oh well score one for the good guys, we just gotta keep up the good fight.

I think the D.R. had better not count on American aid for any purpose under the current administration. More’s the pity.

Thank God!! Isn’t that wonderful?

This is fantastic news!

This is a breath of fresh air. Way to go Dominican Republic! :thumbsup:

Bravo!

Praise God! :extrahappy: I wonder if Obama will try to get their pro-life laws overturned? :shrug::confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.