Pro-Life Women Win Big in Tuesday Primary Elections in California, Nevada

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
June 9, 2010

Email RSS Print

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) – Tuesday’s primary elections saw the political landscape in a few states move in the direction of pro-life women and one pro-life organization is delighted by the results. With Carly Fiorina’s Senate victory in California and Sharron Angle’s in Nevada, pro-life women are now on center stage.

Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina will face Sen. Barbara Boxer, the leader of the pro-abortion forces in the Senate, this November.

Fiorina cruised to an easy victory in the race for the Republican nomination defeating pro-abortion former Rep. Tom Campbell and pro-life state Assemblyman Chuck DeVore. She took home 54 percent compared with 26 percent for Campbell and 19 percent for DeVore.

Marjorie Dannenfelser, the president of the pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List, said in a statement that “Carly Fiorina is helping to usher in the year of the pro-life woman.”

She added, "With the victories of pro-life leaders Carly Fiorina in California and
lifenews.com/state5170.html

Refreshing. I remember a plaque that my mother, a businesswoman, had in her kitchen: Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman.

[quote="mary_bobo, post:2, topic:201389"]
Refreshing. I remember a plaque that my mother, a businesswoman, had in her kitchen: Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman.

[/quote]

In this case she certainly is.Women are the leaders in this fight and I'm happy to be a mere spear carrier in this battle.

Soutane, I simply love your line "I'm happy to be a mere spear carrier in this battle".
signed, another happy spear carrier :)

[quote="Soutane, post:1, topic:201389"]

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
June 9, 2010

Email RSS Print

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Tuesday's primary elections saw the political landscape in a few states move in the direction of pro-life women and one pro-life organization is delighted by the results. With Carly Fiorina's Senate victory in California and Sharron Angle's in Nevada, pro-life women are now on center stage.

Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina will face Sen. Barbara Boxer, the leader of the pro-abortion forces in the Senate, this November.

Fiorina cruised to an easy victory in the race for the Republican nomination defeating pro-abortion former Rep. Tom Campbell and pro-life state Assemblyman Chuck DeVore. She took home 54 percent compared with 26 percent for Campbell and 19 percent for DeVore.

Marjorie Dannenfelser, the president of the pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List, said in a statement that “Carly Fiorina is helping to usher in the year of the pro-life woman.”

She added, "With the victories of pro-life leaders Carly Fiorina in California and
lifenews.com/state5170.html

[/quote]

Before one orders a victory banquet, perhaps it might be considered that these were PRIMARY elections.:tsktsk:

Fine, a majority of Republican voters voted for pro-life candidates.:clapping:

BUT, was their so-called pro-life voting based on the candidates pro-life positions, or were there other parts of their platform that first attracted voters, with pro-life being a sort of appendix?:hmmm:

I'd really like to find an unbiased analysis of the voter breakdown:ehh:

In any case, the Republican candidates will now square off with the (most likely) pro-choice Democratic candidates. :slapfight:

Sorry I,m Canadian and I don't Pretend to understand the vagaries of Anerican Politics but it appears to me progress rather than a set back,no?:)

[quote="Soutane, post:6, topic:201389"]
Sorry I,m Canadian and I don't Pretend to understand the vagaries of Anerican Politics but it appears to me progress rather than a set back,no?:)

[/quote]

Yes, progress of a sort. But now come the elections in November:blackeye::crutches::stretcher::slapfight:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.