Problem With Impurity

Please pray for me, as I frequently commit sins against purity.:o I have tried praying , taking cold showers, etc. but nothing works!:frowning:

Try the Blessed Virgin help, She’s very good.

I’ve tried under the title of the Immaculate Conception, but I still do bad things anyways.:frowning:

Lets not dummy it up and call them “bad” things; sins, thats what they are.

You must persevere in asking for her assistance. It may take you 10 years of weekly confession, but with God nothing is impossible.

After confession, try to find a real action for penance and reparation of your soul. Sin is something unusual to our souls. I have found out that in order to destroy its effect we have to do something really unusual. I was listening on EWTN and one man was saying that he tried to imitate padre Pio by praying about 14 rosaries one day. He said he made it.

You can take one day off just to fight back. Because it is really serious. Stay away from occasions of sin, turn off the tv or the internet, etc.
Make a serious fight-back plan. And make sure our Lady is the Queen of your plan. She is our mother, take her as such and try your best to be good, don’t do anything she does not recommend. And know that she cares very much.

But as HailMary said, our Lady helps you to be victorious. That’s because she prays for us, she know the right words we don’t know or cant think off (in our fallen state). Keep praying the 'Immaculate Mary pray for us poor sinners" etc.

“Pray unceasingly so you don’t enter into temptation”. Take Jesus serious on his word and keep trusting him even when it does not feel like it is producing anything.

I find it helpful to meditate on Jesus in the Garden when we are tempted. Because it is the similar situation. We feel as though we will die if we don’t comply to the sin. Jesus asked his Father to take away the ‘cup’. Like Jesus it is an occasion to show our loyalty to the Father. And we grow at every victory even though we may not feel it.

Forth, do not fear either struggles of the soul or any temptations, because I am supporting you; if only you are willing to fight, know that the victory is always on your side. Fifth, know that by fighting bravely you give Me great glory and amass merits for yourself. Temptation gives you a chance to show Me your fidelity. (1560) Our Lord to St. Faustina

Penance
A Christian always triumphs through the Cross, through his self-renunciation, because he allows God’s omnipotence to act.
– St. Josemaria Escriva, Furrow, #995

Unfortunately, I am a catechumen, so I cannot confess my sins to a priest yet.

Will offer this up at my next rosary…eek gads…no lecture:thumbsup:

I saw a reference somewhere that says you actually can confess your sins, but unfortunately I don’t have it on me. If I find it, I will post it.

Thank you; I needed that.:slight_smile:

:byzsoc:

:crossrc:

Praying for you. :gopray:

You are in my prayers…

The Lorica (Breastplate) of St. Patrick
–translation from Gaelic by Cecilea Frances Alexander, 1989

I bind unto myself today
The strong Name of the Trinity,
By invocation of the same
The Three in One and One in Three.

I bind this today to me forever
By power of faith, Christ’s incarnation;
His baptism in Jordan river,
His death on Cross for my salvation;
His bursting from the spic-ed tomb,
His riding up the heavenly way,
His coming at the day of doom
I bind unto myself today.

I bind unto myself the power
Of the great love of cherubim;
The sweet ‘Well done’ in judgment hour,
The service of the seraphim,
Confessors’ faith, Apostles’ word,
The Patriarchs’ prayers, the prophets’ scrolls,
All good deeds done unto the Lord
And purity of virgin souls.

I bind unto myself today
The virtues of the star lit heaven,
The glorious sun’s life giving ray,
The whiteness of the moon at even,
The flashing of the lightning free,
The whirling wind’s tempestuous shocks,
The stable earth, the deep salt sea
Around the old eternal rocks.

I bind unto myself today
The power of God to hold and lead,
His eye to watch, His might to stay,
His ear to hearken to my need.
The wisdom of my God to teach,
His hand to guide, His shield to ward;
The word of God to give me speech,
His heavenly host to be my guard.

Against the demon snares of sin,
The vice that gives temptation force,
The natural lusts that war within,
The hostile men that mar my course;
Or few or many, far or nigh,
In every place and in all hours,
Against their fierce hostility
I bind to me these holy powers.

Against all Satan’s spells and wiles,
Against false words of heresy,
Against the knowledge that defiles,
Against the heart’s idolatry,
Against the wizard’s evil craft,
Against the death wound and the burning,
The choking wave, the poisoned shaft,
Protect me, Christ, till Thy returning.

Christ be with me, Christ within me,
Christ behind me, Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me.
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.

I bind unto myself the Name,
The strong Name of the Trinity,
By invocation of the same,
The Three in One and One in Three.
By Whom all nature hath creation,
Eternal Father, Spirit, Word:
Praise to the Lord of my salvation,
Salvation is of Christ the Lord.

I pray for courage, and perseverance, and the knowledge that God loves you and that He sees your struggles, and will comfort you in His forgiveness and mercy.

:gopray2:

Do keep praying to Our Lady…Satan fears her terribly. Our priests are under the special protection of Our Lady, so do have a talk with a priest, whom Satan also fears - as well as despise. You could ring and ask to see Father, no need to be a baptized Catholic before you do. I am sure Father would see you especially since you are a catechumen.
There is a special ‘prayer’ to Our Lady re holy purity :

Say three Hail Mary’s and then say three times:

Our Lady, Queen of Holy Purity, guide, guard and protect me.

Other than that, a sin is a sin, is a sin. But do keep in mind that you are in good company always…we are all, every single one of us, sinners. Loved sinners. And born of His Great Love for us is His Great Mercy. St. Faustina tells us that Jesus said to her “the greatest sinners have the most right to My Mercy”.

Be comforted…and do speak with Father. The struggle against sin and temptation is a daily one for all on some level…every single day of every single day, of every single day.

Blessings and regards…will keep you in my daily prayer…Barb:)
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_5.gifJMJ

May I suggest that you avoid the internet, television, books, images, what ever is triggering the problem. Just like any addiction … it is sometimes easier to trade off for another addiction than it is to just quit…How about everytime you have the urge to do this…you have to make yourself pray the rosary.

I am praying that God remove this from you and give you complete healing.

:signofcross:

I’ve been having a big relapse in sins against purity.:frowning: Please pray for me!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.