Problem With Impurity

As someone who has battled mightily (and still sometimes has to battle) I second the idea of doing your utmost to avoid raunchy tv shows, magazines, pop music or what have you.

Anything that tempts you to impurity. Even watch who you hang out with if need be - if their conversation veers into impure areas.

Keep praying - every single time even the slightest impure thought pops up. What I found most helpful was to use these prayers to thank God for HIS gifts (remind yourself that they do come from Him) of your body and sexuality, and promise Him that you will only use them for His glory and in His service rather than the devil’s or your own.

I’d like to thank everyone for their kind suggestions and prayers. So, thank you!:slight_smile:

Praying for you too :signofcross: :amen:

I am praying for you that St. Michael will intercede on your behalf and also being the Archangel, that he will protect you from Satan and lead you away from temptation. Call on St. Michael for strength.

I am having another relapse :frowning: , not as bad as the other one, but still pretty bad. Please pray for me! Thank you!

Mother of Perpetual Help,

Help this person to discover the true roots of these sinful behaviors so that this behavior can truly be part of the past. We want this childof God to continue to grow in knowledge and wisdom to be part of the Church. You know what they need, you know their heart and so we ask this day that each day you bring them sufficient grace to be restored to spiritual health.

Amen.

May Our Lady Queen of Holy Purity fly speedily to your aid. Keep trying, keep praying - success will be yours in God’s Time, and a great mystery to us why it is not right now! Trust Him with confidence and as every time you fail go to Him again and to His mother pleading for their help and dont give up no matter what…again and again and again and then again again …Barb
St. Michael, pray for her…keeping you in prayer!

:gopray2: Praying for you.
Oh Mary by your pure and immaculate conception, make my body pure and my soul holy. Amen.

Please pray for me! I am having another relapse!:frowning:

I had the same addiction. Do what it says above. Also, try this: Whenever you have a temptation, meditate on the eternity of Hell. Is a few moments of pleasure worth an eternity of torment?

Other than that I will pray for you.

J†M†J
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

Thank you very much. The problem is that I have periods of temporary atheism, when the devil tricks me into believing that God is a fairy tale so that I will sin. Then he lets me believe in God, but only so that I will despair of his mercy!:frowning:

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host - by the Divine Power of God - cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits, who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

This article is from the Mariannhill Missionaries LEAVES magazine:

*Prayer for Purity by Joseph Albino

“In the biography of the Rev. Bernard Francis de Hoyos, S.J., his biographer, the Rev. Henri Bechard, S.J., writes about the efficacious prayer Fr. Bernard gave to those of his penitents who were having difficulty with sins of lust.”

“During the 18th Century, Fr. Bernard, who was the Apostle of the Sacred Heart in Spain, taught his penitents ‘to flee at the first unclean thought to the Heart of Jesus.’ He also taught his penitents that during Mass, at the elevation of the Host and the chalice, they must say to the First Person of the Holy Trinity: ‘O Eternal Father! By the most pure thoughts of your son Jesus, deliver me from all thought or sin of impurity.’”

“He said the penitent must also recite for the above intentions five Our Fathers and five Hail Marys.”

“Fr. Henri writes: 'On the first Friday of October (1735), Fr. Bernard learned that this practice of his was an inspiration from heaven. He was ordered to make it known to the Jesuits of his province and to other confessors at every opportunity, leaving proof of its effectiveness to experience.”

“As for Fr. de Hoyos, he knew well that many of his penitents, having tried other remedies without much profit, had obtained a complete cure in devotion to the Heart of Jesus.”

“Praying the Prayer for Purity as taught by Fr. Bernard de Hoyos, S.J. is a practice we might all emulate.”*

rc.net/detroit/mariannhill/leaves.htm

Keeping you in daily prayer…perseverance brings reward and picking onself up and going on no matter how many falls may occur…

Thank you!:slight_smile:

Most often in our trials and difficulites, our attempts to overcome our weakness and sinfulness, Jesus looks to our hearts and our efforts “man judges by appearances, but The Lord sees the heart” rather than our successes and is abundantly merciful to us in our poor struggles. And we all struggle somewhere on some level or other…we all remain poor and impoverished sinners engaged in struggle and difficulties- possibly only the nature of our sins and weaknesses differ. Trust in His Mercy which sees your anxiousness and desire to overcome…and loves you for it!..Blesings and the Gifts and Fruits of The Holy Spirit in abundance…refind His Peace, and protect it…Barb:)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.