Problem with pride

The Lord showed me how pride is the root cause of all my problems and other sins. Please pray for me that the Lord will heal me of this pride and teach me how to be humble. Thanks.

It’s the root of most problems and sins for all of mankind, you aren’t alone at all. I’ll be praying for you.

I am praying for you.
:highprayer:

Praying for you.

Remember O Most Gracious Virgin Mary
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence we fly unto thee O Virgin of virgins, our Mother.
To thee do we come; before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer them. Amen.

As St Therese said, “humility is truth” so I guess we need to be honest about ourselves, as you are being now.
I ask You Jesus to help Wesley be aware of each time that he is tempted to pride, so that he faces his own human reality honestly, and recognises the fallibility in others without judgement. It’s natural for us to defend ourselves, our self image, our position…and that’s the function of pride I guess. But it’s okay to be oneself, okay to be human, but Wesley, like the rest of us, needs Your grace to accept imself with charity and reality, and to accept others with charity and reality, and then to welcome Your grace to carry us further into genuine Christian love. You said, "Love others as you love yourself’ so help us, help Wesley, to love himself rigthly in order to love others rightly.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Oh Mary, Mother of Jesus and Mother of Life, We honor you as Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Thank you for pointing us to Jesus your Son, The only Savior and hope of the world.

Renew our hope in him, That we all may have the courage to say Yes to life, And to defend those children in danger of abortion.

Give us your compassion To reach out to those tempted to abort, And to those suffering from a past abortion.

Lead us to the day when abortion Will be a sad, past chapter in our history.

Keep us close to Jesus, the Life of the World, Who is Lord forever and ever.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

Lord, Your creations display great pride,
Achievements that continually resonate!
Your Divine work luxuriates in eminence;
Your Grandeur leaving me speechless!
Resulting from Your intrinsic sweet nature,
Exalted pride is Yours by legal right.
Endow me with pride for my achievements;
Sheltering me against impious vanity.
May my life mirror spiritual balance,
Respect and satisfaction in my endeavours.
Your Divinity is reflected in all things;
I behold the beauty of Your pride!
Amen

Continued prayers……

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

Thanks Kilo1Mike21 for your unceasing prayers!!! I am growing in humility everyday! :slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.