Problems in family

Hello everyone!

I'm a new guy here. First of all I have to apologise, because I'm gonna make a lot of mistakes, because English is not my maternity language.. :)

I am 18 years old and I want to become a priest. That is one of my biggest desires... I know, that God is calling me and I want to serve him. I should start with my study of theology next September and since now God "gave" me a lot of "testing" as it is writen in Sirachs book:

**Students, if you decide
to worship and obey the Lord,
be ready to face problems.
2 Have firm self-control
and don't act too quickly
if trouble strikes.
3 Don't turn from the Lord,
but be faithful;
that's the way to succeed.
4 Accept everything that happens.
Be patient if others
humiliate you—
humiliation tests people
as a furnace tests gold. *

And I have a big problem now :-S I told my parents about my decision..and they didn't take it well... We were arguing for a long time.. They don't even want to hear about it. If I don't change my mind, I'll have to leave our house and so on... :-(

Is anyone here on this forum who has same problems.. just to talk or something. I'd really like to meet someone, who would just tell me what is the right way to do.

Thank you :)*

I wish I could give you some sound advice, but I can't. If God is calling you, He will keep tugging at you until you respond as He desires. I will pray for you.

May God bless and protect us,
JLC

I am so sorry you are having problems in your family about becoming a priest.I would have thought they would be so proud of you doing this? If it were one of my sons I would have been so very proud.

Maybe start a prayer thread in the Prayer Intentions Forum ask people to pray for you.I certainly will.If God is calling for you then He will show you the way.God bless

Our Blessed Lady please intercede for Blaz who is feeling called to be the priesthood but suffering problems with his family.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.