Problems with CAF on old IPAD

Was only thinking of you yesterday, and had noticed your absence of posts on the forum :frowning_face::cry:

2 Likes

Just take it. We need you here. BTW, I just checked and you are still a regular.

3 Likes

3 Likes

sleight of hand, eh?!

2 Likes

One way or another, we’re getting @Irishmom2 back!

3 Likes

Most definitely!! Pity someone couldn’t mail her a newer ipad to use…

2 Likes

Have you tried updating your iPad?

Though am a novice, I wonder if deleting the cache and data under the google search engine wouldn’t “reset” things? Or maybe deleting browsing history & cookies for whichever browser is used? I’m thinking of similar lines when trying to fix a white screen browser issues.

Tried them all, no luck…mine won’t even update the IOS anymore, it’s just not supported…oh well, my laptop is ok! (my desktop HD just crashed though…)

Time to pray ! !

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Fatima, Amen!

2 Likes

My current work around is to alternate browsers. If I enter CAF via firefox, it works, with limitations. (painfully slow, and to reply, I MUST quote, even if I have to backspace over the stuff I don’t wanted quoted). But then if I then enter via Chrome, it works for a while. It will break and can’t get back in until I repeat that sequence.

1 Like

Now that’s really weird.

It’s time to update Stephie!

1 Like

Can’t update Stephie. She’s past OS support date, and some would say she’s past “best if used by” date.

More seriously, I’m not sure if updating Chrome or the “knox” version on this tablet would help. I think Samsung stopped updating Knox.

3 Likes

I’m still on my phone ,old iPad not able to download Firefox .I have a funny little laptop that gives more screen room ,so I’ll try and use that.

1 Like

I wonder if it’d run palemoon? Palemoon + adding Startpage to Palemoon.

I am hoping it is not your os that won’t updae on your old iPad.

1 Like

Thanks,I’ll look into it :slight_smile:

1 Like

CAF stopped working on my old cell phone too :disappointed:. I thought the Discourse platform was supposed to be better for mobile devices. It still works on my laptop.

2 Likes

2 Corinthians 5:17

“The old things are passed away, behold all things are made new.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.