Problems with early pregnacy

I having been praying so much for this pregnacy. :crossrc: I saw the doctor this week because I have been so sick to my stomach and not eating well because of this. My 1st OB/GYN visit is in a couple of weeks but she wanted to order some bloodwork and also do a ultrasound. I had the ultrasound the next day, I was so excited:D. But the ultrasound person didn’t find the baby, she also did a vaginal one and nothing. She stated that maybe it is very early or I had or having a miscarriage. :frowning: This will be my second pregnacy this first also ended by miscarriage. The doctor ordered another blood test to see if the HCG hormone went up or down. If it went up its a good sign, or maybe I’m just early, if it went down or the same then that’s bad news. Please any prayer will be appriecated. My DH and I are having a tough time with this.

:blessyou:

LORD Jesus
Heal UR Daughter

Many prayers go up for you!!! I can’t remember how far along you are. It is not uncommon for a very early ultrasound to not find the baby yet. I also have had babies die and it is so hard!!! Know that God is very near in your suffering. Know that he is holding you now!

Well,if it WAS an early miscarry, they happen allllll the time, often without anyone even realizing it. But still, it may not have been, so keep checking for now!

Also, a couple handy tips for nausea, especially that horrible turning-green and yarfing in the bushes pregnancy kind, that are safe, effective and natural - even a well-trained OBGYN knows this one : try chewing candied ginger or a nice freshsliced ginger tea with a little sweetener. If the scent and flavor are too much for you then, mint (pepper or spear or a combination) can alleviate it a little too. Both are nice and harmless, and effective. If this a really bad problem, of course talk with physician about antinauseants and their safety - heck, I’d mention the herbal ones too, just so you have (um, expanded :wink: ) belt and suspenders.

But yeah, if you want to be pregnant, I sure hope all’s well - may just be a little soon to get good readings thus far. And hey, if at first no success, try try again! :slight_smile:

Best wishes, Nepenthe

Praying for you and your husband…

†JMJTJ †

I also have been there…
You will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you † ***

Jesus, Gladys and her husband greatly desire a child. Please send a beautiful healthy child into their lives soon. Mother Mary please pray that this couple will be able to welcome a baby into their lives soon.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

Praying for your intentions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.