Prolapsed Uterus?

I’m curious if anyone has any stories, no medical advice please. I’ll be seeing my dr on Wednesday.

I’m a tad late on my post-partum check-up (baby #8), but I think I need to go. :blush: Things feel funny and, I see a ball-ish looking thing (sorry if thats too graphic) that I don’t think should be there.

Would anyone mind sharing? Did you constantly feel boated? Any thoughts?I’d like to ease my mind as I wait for my dr’s appointment!

I don’t have any experience with this, but I just wanted you to know that I will say some prayers for you. Anything out of the “ordinary” can be a bit nerve-wracking, so I will pray not only for nothing to be wrong but also for peace of mind while you wait.

Take care mama and keep us posted!

WARNING* talk about female, post-baby anatomy and related problems are in the following post! If this is TMI for you, please feel free to skip over it! Thank you! :slight_smile:

OP, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about (unfortunately). Though mine happened with my 3rd baby. :frowning:
Seeing what you said you are seeing is very very scary! It may be your uterus, or like in my case, it could be your bladder. Your doctor will look to see if the body part that, err…feels out of place, is something coming out of the vagina (like your uterus) or if the bulge is something behind the vagina (like your bowels, bladder, etc). They may do an ultrasound as well. When I would lie down, however, my bladder would go back up! Very frustrating! My doctor was able to determine though that it was my bladder, not my bowels or uterus.

He also said that in the vast majority of cases, the problem part would “bounce back” without any intervention needed. He said there was a simple procedure to tack it back into place if that didn’t happen. In about three weeks, it was back where it should be.

As far as bloating, I did feel a uncomfortable --more than the I-just-had-a-baby uncomfortable. And I kinda had symptoms of a urinary tract infection… going a lot, urgency, etc. But it was all related to the prolapse.

Hope this helps! I will pray for you, as well! I know it is very disturbing and anxiety-inducing to first notice this problem. God Bless!

3Bambinos,
Was your experience due to vaginal births or c-sections?

Vaginal-- all three.

Don’t worry, MomaMary, this problem can be taken care of. My doc said that if it happens to the uterus, usually fertility is not harmed at all. I know we can’t give out medical advice, but my experience is that even though it is scary it is usually not a serious condition. You are doing the right thing by seeing your doctor! God Bless!

Thank you Saved. Your prayers are appreciated. I’ll let you know what my dr says. My appointment is for next wednesday, not today. When I re-read my post, I realized it made it sound as if my appointment was today. I get a week longer of wondering “is this normal?”

My little baby is going to the opthamologist today. He may be a whole thread unto himself. Right now, we have more reason to hope than to worry. Today should tell us a lot.

Too many dr appointments to keep track of!

Thank you 3Bambinos. Your words are comforting. Its nice to hear that my fertility may not be harmed. I’m trying not to be greedy and want more. I have 8 for goodness sakes, and I should be satisfied, but I would love to have another.

Did exercise help bring things back to normal? I feel so out of shape and I’m wondering if I’ve let myself go too far

My mother had that happen after 9 pregnancies. She ended up having a hysterectomy (she was in her 60s). I gather you are younger and techniques have changed quite a bit since then. I know the doctor can help.

My goodness, I don’t think it’s greedy to want another baby! If that is God’s will for you and you are so open to the blessing, then more power to you!

As far as exercises go, I did do the Kegel ones that my doctor recommended. I have never really been good about doing them, though. He told me to do 200 a day or some insane thing like that. He said my slacking off with them may be why it happened in the first place, but who knows?

So, I guess the ones I did may have helped, but like I said before it only took about three weeks to get back to normal.

Good luck with your appointment!

I’m only 38…about the age my mother had a hysterectomy. I think that was the cure-all procedure “back in the day.”

I feel greedy, because I know I am so blessed. How could I even dream of being blessed with more when God has already allowed me the chilren I have now? Is this what we call Catholic guilt…happy with what we have, but feeling guilty for wanting more?? :stuck_out_tongue:

Back to subject: I have had similar symptoms, to a lesser degree, but it always went away. I kept expecting this to go away too, thinking it must be swelling or something. Unfortunatley it hasn’t gone away, and felt quite worse after a shopping trip to Sam’s. There’s no such thing as a “light” shopping trip to Sam’s with 8 hungry kids at home for summer!:smiley:

Thanks to all for prayers, my worries of this are much less. Now if you could say a quick pray for my little 8 week old ds. I leave in 30 min for his appointment. He either has different sized pupils (20% of the population do) or its Horner’s Syndrome. As I’ve said, we have more reason for hope than for worry, but I’ll feel better once we rule out Horners.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.