Prominent Irish priest supports ‘marriage equality’

Any wonder the Catholic Faith is declining in Ireland! :frowning:

Following the vote by the Constitutional Convention, Fr Gerard Moloney tweeted that he was “in favour of marriage equality”.

Fr Gerard Moloney, the editor of Reality magazine, has said that he is “in favour of marriage equality”.

Following last Sunday’s vote by the Constitutional Convention in favour of same-sex marriage, Fr Moloney wrote on the Twitter social media site: “I don’t care what we call it but I am in favour of marriage equality!”

Fr Moloney is one of a number of Irish priests who was investigated by the Vatican and instructed not to write or publish articles on certain controversial subjects.

irishcatholic.ie/20130418/news/prominent-priest-supports-marriage-equality-S32642.html#.UW_hw1byC5U.twitter

Its Ironic that he’s in charge the magazine Reality(an Irish Redemptorist publication) when at the same he denies the metaphysical reality of man and woman comminy together to contract a marraige between the biologically complimentary persons. And the scriptural reality of marriage as the sacramentof man and woman becoming one flesh.

Its also very sad. Prayers, for Fr. Gerard, the Irish Redemptorists and the Church in Ireland as a whole.

How is he not excommunicated?

I have a great big band aid and I know just where I wish I could put it.

This is scandal.

Herecy this is

MODERATOR REMINDER

Negative and rude comments toward CAF members, clergy (deacons, priests and bishops) or toward religious and religious orders are banned.

Everyone, online and offline, deserves to be spoken to and about respectfully. However, some posters seem to feel that clergy and religious are fair game.

If you have an issue with them, take it up in private, not on this forum or any of our forums.

You may cite something from another source, if you are not using it to further an agenda. Agenda posting is not allowed.

If we deem that you are disrespectful to our clergy and religious, you will receive an infraction or even a ban.

Proof what you write before you post.

You may not make disparaging remarks about:

[LIST]
*]Vatican II
*]Clergy (deacons, priests and bishops) of any group
*]Religious (brothers, sisters, and nuns) of any order or congregation
*]Lawful actions and disciiplines by the Church including the historical excommunication of the SSPX. It happened. Rome explained why it happened. End of story. Rome did not put it out there for debate by the faithful.
*]Another poster or his/her ideas. You can disagree. You cannot attack,insult, ridicule or dismiss as unimportant. His opinion is as important to him as your opinion is to you.
*]Parishes, pastors, civil leaders.
*]Other religions – if you’re unsure how to speak in public about other faiths, look at the Pope Benedict XVI. He is fraternal, polite, and intellectual in discussing religious differences.
[/LIST]
Avoid arguments that will lead to violations of charity. You don’t have to like what you read and others do not have to like what you post. But you must be civil toward each other and those who are not on the forum.

I have deleted some posts rather than issue infractions for the violation of a forum rule.

Read the entire article. Read all of what he said. Then, charitably, without making accusations or judgements discuss the news.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I hope the moderator finds the writings of the great Saints charitable in their love for GOD in teaching what is Godly…

Saint Augustine The great Bishop of Hippo writes:
“Sins against nature, therefore, like the sin of Sodom, are abominable and deserve punishment whenever and wherever they are committed." (Rom. 1:26). (St. Augustine, Confessions, Book III, chap. 8)

Saint John Chrysostom writes:
“All passions are dishonorable, for the soul is even more prejudiced and degraded by sin than is the body by disease; but the worst of all passions is lust between men… There is nothing, absolutely nothing more mad or damaging than this perversity.”
(St. John Chrysostom, In Epistulam ad Romanos IV)

Saint Peter Damian’s Liber Gomorrhianus [Book of Gomorrah], addressed to Pope Leo IX, is considered the principal work against homosexuality.
“Just as Saint Basil establishes that those who incur sins [against nature] … should be subjected not only to a hard penance but a public one, and Pope Siricius prohibits penitents from entering clerical orders, one can clearly deduce that he who corrupts himself with a man through the ignominious squalor of a filthy union does not deserve to exercise ecclesiastical functions, since those who were formerly given to vices … become unfit to administer the Sacraments.”
(St. Peter Damian, Liber Gomorrhianus, cols. 174f)

Saint Bernardine of Siena, a preacher of the fifteenth century, writes:
“No sin has greater power over the soul than the one of cursed sodomy, which was always detested by all those who lived according to God…… Such passion for undue forms borders on madness. This vice disturbs the intellect, breaks an elevated and generous state of soul, drags great thoughts to petty ones, makes [men] pusillanimous and irascible, obstinate and hardened, servilely soft and incapable of anything. Furthermore, the will, being agitated by the insatiable drive for pleasure, no longer follows reason, but furor.”
(St. Bernardine of Siena, Predica XXXIX, in Le prediche volgari (Milan: Rizzoli, 1936), pp. 869ff.)

Tertullian, the great apologist of the Church in the second century, writes:
“All other frenzies of lusts which exceed the laws of nature and are impious toward both bodies and the sexes we banish… from all shelter of the Church, for they are not sins so much as monstrosities.” (Tertullian, De pudicitia, IV)

See also Saint Basil of Caesarea, the fourth century Church Father who wrote the principal rule of the monks of the East…

It is indeed difficult to reconcile the Traditional teachings with the modern ones.
Confusing to say the least

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.