Proofs of importance of relics found in the New Testament

As I was looking through the Bible I noticed events that remind me of our Church’s veneration showed towards the relics of Holy Ones. I found this one moment with Christ. What others have you come across and remembered?

But as He went, the crowds were pressing against Him. 43 And a** woman who had a hemorrhage for twelve years, and could not be healed by anyone, 44 came up behind Him and touched the fringe of His cloak, and immediately her hemorrhage stopped**. 45 And Jesus said, “Who is the one who touched Me?” And while they were all denying it, Peter said, “Master, the people are crowding and pressing in on You.” 46 But Jesus said, “Someone did touch Me, for I was aware that power had gone out of Me.” 47 When the woman saw that she had not escaped notice, she came trembling and fell down before Him, and declared in the presence of all the people the reason why she had touched Him, and how she had been immediately healed

This is also true for Saint Paul’s handkerchiefs and aprons:
“so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.” ( Acts 19:12)

Thanks.
Great quotes.

I really like this one.

**John 9:1-7
**“As he passed by he saw a man blind from birth. … 6 When he had said this, he spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva, and smeared the clay on his eyes, and said to him, “Go wash in the Pool of Siloam” (which means Sent). So he went and washed, and came back able to see.”

Why did Jesus use the physical if He was not trying to show how He wished to work through the physical elements ?

Relics

defendingthebride.com/mc/relics.html

People were being cured of illness when Peter’s shadow fell over them. A shadow is not a conventional relic, but it is something that touched Peter, then touched the sick. I like to think of it as a temporary relic. There is also the story in Kings (?) where a man was brought back to life after touching the bones of a holy man.

(Elisha)

ICXC NIKA

2 Kings 13:21 And as a man was being buried, lo, a marauding band was seen and the man was cast into the grave of Eli’sha; and as soon as the man touched the bones of Eli’sha, he revived, and stood on his feet.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.