Prophecies in Islam

The above was taken from a different thread.

I think it is important enough to have its own thread.

Would somebody like share the Prophecies that Islam has given us?

I find Prophecy fascinating.

Charlie, this was a good thread idea. Thanks for the invitation.

This is a website I found that discusses some of the endtimes prophecies in Islam and that compares them to Christian prophecies:
readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-AAbout_Islam/AskAboutIslamE/AskAboutIslamE&cid=1123996016380

There is also this piece with more detail about the second coming of Jesus in the Islamic prophecies:islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-AAbout_Islam/AskAboutIslamE/AskAboutIslamE&cid=1123996016522

Hi pro_universal,

Did I miss something in those links? They are appear to be prophecies that we already know about. Muslims (including Muhammad) could have stolen those prophecies from the bible.

I don’t think you understand what I’m looking for…

I wanted you to show me original Islamic prophecies that have already been fulfilled. I don’t think you can do this. Until then, muslims (such as yourself) can not refer to Muhammad as a prophet. (Feel free to call him a messenger if you like, but don’t call him a prophet.)

???

You claimed that there were no prophecies given in Islam. I would say that predicting a return of Jesus, Gog and Maggog, the Dajjal, etc etc constitutes prophecies.

Why is prophecy only prophecy when it’s been fulfilled?

It would be odd to say that Jesus made no prophecies until the prophecies came true, but that seems to be what you’re saying. The same goes for any prophet.

And of course, any religion can find prophecies that have been fulfilled after the fact. Here is an example from Islam:

answering-christianity.com/defeat_romans.htm

It seems to me that you are setting up a very odd standard for what constitutes prophecy, and I can’t see any reason to use the word this way except that you don’t want to let anyone use the word “prophet” to describe Muhammad.

According to Islamonline this is the prophecy:

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) foretold the second coming of Prophet Jesus (peace and blessings be upon him) as one of the signs and preludes of the Hereafter.

Abu Hurayrah narrated: Allah’s Messenger said, “The Hour will not be established until the son of Mary [Jesus] descends among you as a just ruler. He will break the cross, kill the pigs, and abolish the jizyah tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it (as charitable gifts)” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

Breaking the cross refers to refuting the invented story of Jesus’s crucifixion and resurrection. Killing the pig means prohibiting its meat again, as in Islam and in the original Law of Moses. Jizyah is a tax paid by non-Muslims instead of the zakah (obligatory charity) paid by Muslims, in return for the equal rights, protection, and services they enjoy in a Muslim state. This ruling will be abolished, as all Christians will follow Jesus in his second coming and become Muslims.

What a joke! :smiley: They never give up trying to prove that everything we believe in is wrong.

Vickie

Answering-Christianity is another joke! Compare the way articles are compiled there with the ones on answering-Islam and you can see the difference. Thumbs down to you and your evidence!

Vickie

???

So you think a Muslim run website is not a good source for proving that Muslims believe in prophecies?

The evidence was about what Muslims believe. I fail to see how a Muslim website is a bad source for that information.

To believe in all these Muslim prophecies depends on whether one believes that Islam is real or a fabrication. I believe that Islam is a Big Lie, the Quran a complete hoax, and that Allah is none other than Muhammad himself. As Bertrand Russell expressed it:

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.

I believe that Muslims are cocooned in lies. People will fall readily for a big lie. The bigger it is, the more likely that people witll believe in it. Even Hitler knew that. And once you get people to accept that big lie, you have to keep feeding it more lies in order to keep the fires burning.

All these so-called prophecies of Muhammad’s and his alleged miracles which are refuted in the Quran itself, which states that Muhammad was only a warner, are more of the lies fabricated by imams and mullahs to keep Muslims believing in Islam, the Quran and Muhammad. Muslims live in denial. The hadiths and surahs tell of the horrific things that Muhammad did or had done, and they still believe that he is a mercy to mankind. These stories are told by his own followers, not by any detractors, so they must be true.

In cocooned in lies, Ali Sina has stated:

"Islam is not a religion that promotes peace. It orders its believers to kill all those who do not accept its dogma, without mercy. It instructs its followers to subdue the Christians and the Jews and make them pay Jizyah (penalty tax).

Islam is not a religion that promotes equality of genders. Muhammad said women are “deficient in intelligence”, that majority of them go to hell because they are disobedient to their husbands, that they should be beaten if they fail to please their husbands.

Islam is not a religion that promotes equality for all humanity. It clearly regards the non-Muslims as second-class citizens and for those who are not either Jews or Christians it prescribes death. It also allows slavery.

Islam is not a religion that promotes freedom of thought and speech. It curtails the right of all the non-Muslims to teach their religion, to congregate and to celebrate their belief. It instructs killing all those who decide to break rank and think freely and independently.’’

Islam has brought nothing good to mankind except death, fear and destruction, so why keep the fires burning?

Vickie

Bertrand Russell, author of “Why I am not a Christian”?

Anyway, whether or not you believe in the prophecies isn’t the subject of this thread, nor was it a claim I was making. Charlie asserted that there were no prophecies in Islam, and therefore, no one could use the word “prophet” to describe Muhammad.

That is plainly not the case, which is why I posted links to some of the prophecies Muslims believe in.

The problem of prophecies being fulfilled touch on whether a prophet is “true” or “false.”

Those on the return of Christ and Gog, etc. still being fulfilled, cannot be evaluated.

That of the Romans is the problem that, according to muslim tradition, the Quran was collected after this prophecy’s event had already occured before.

I still remember the shock of reading Psalm 22, especially verse 16 (Crucifixtion wasn’t a method of execution until long after it was written). Now THAT’s prophecy.

Because fulfillment is the proof that is was prophecy.

… And of course, any religion can find prophecies that have been fulfilled after the fact. Here is an example from Islam:

answering-christianity.com/defeat_romans.htm

Don’t belittle prophecies with predictions. Prophecies are much more detailed. Have you ever read Psalm 22? Read it with a picture of crucifixion in your mind. Now consider how awesome this is when you realise that crucifixion wasn’t even invented at the time Psalm 22 was written.

It seems to me that you are setting up a very odd standard for what constitutes prophecy, and I can’t see any reason to use the word this way except that you don’t want to let anyone use the word “prophet” to describe Muhammad.

One of the tenets of Islam is “There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his messenger.” I don’t understand why muslims refer to Muhammad as a prophet; Maybe it’s because muslims don’t understand prophecy, and they are hi-jacking the title of “prophet” from christianity and applying it to their so-called messenger.

Because fulfillment is the proof that is was prophecy.

Yeah, but the question was whether or not you could properly use the term Prophet. Not whether or not you think all the prophecies have been or will be proven. There is no shortage of people on this earth who see absolutely zero evidence that Jesus was prophecied. Does that mean they should all refuse to call the OT prophets…well, prophets?

Have you ever read Psalm 22? Read it with a picture of crucifixion in your mind. Now consider how awesome this is when you realise that crucifixion wasn’t even invented at the time Psalm 22 was written.

A better test is to read Psalm 22 without a crucifixion in your mind. If no crucifixion appears…well, it’s likely that you are simply reading that into the Psalm, isn’t it?

You can always invent ways for old texts to prove events after the fact-read the “Bible Code” for a study in that. That doesn’t mean you’re actually witnessing a miracle; it just means you can find a way to correlate two things together if you want to.

I don’t understand why muslims refer to Muhammad as a prophet; Maybe it’s because muslims don’t understand prophecy, and they are hi-jacking the title of “prophet” from christianity and applying it to their so-called messenger.

Considering that your definition for what is a prophet has morphed two times already, I suspect it might be you with the problem understanding prophecy.

I don’t think you’ll find a responsible christian who denies that the OT writers were prophets.

As for non-christians; It doesn’t concern me if they reject OT writers as prophets. What would concern me if they elevated somebody else (eg, a messenger or a phoney) to an elite title such as a prophet.

A better test is to read Psalm 22 without a crucifixion in your mind. If no crucifixion appears…well, it’s likely that you are simply reading that into the Psalm, isn’t it?

Sorry, pro_universal; But you’re wrong. If one thinks and researches and finds alot of specific detail, it doesn’t mean that one is reading into it. Perhaps you have a problem with thinking and research; If not, try the following links…
xenos.org/teachings/ot/psalms/gary/psalm22-1.htm
apu.edu/infocus/2002/03/crucifixion/
yadayahweh.com/Yada_Yahweh_Salvation_Tsadaq.YHWH (albeit, an anti-catholic Web site)

You can always invent ways for old texts to prove events after the fact-read the “Bible Code” for a study in that. That doesn’t mean you’re actually witnessing a miracle; it just means you can find a way to correlate two things together if you want to.

Oh paleeze; you’ve never looked into christian prophecy, have you?

Consider a story about a man who was born from a virgin, under a bright star, in Bethlehem, who will be known as the Son of God, and be betrayed for 30 silver coins, and remain silent during a harsh accusation, and have his hands and feet pierced (even though crucifixion wasn’t invented back then), and be humiliated, and die amoung criminals, and forgiving His attackers, and have His clothes divided up and gambled for, and feel forsaken by His Father, and have none of His bones broken, and be stabbed/speared, and bear the punishment of many, and be buried with the rich, and then be saved by the power of death! Plus many many more.

All of the this was predicted! Centuries in advanced! And they were realised by Jesus Christ.

And you’re suggesting I’m looking into things. :rotfl:

Considering that your definition for what is a prophet has morphed two times already, I suspect it might be you with the problem understanding prophecy.

pro_universal; you may know alot about history, politics, terrorism and religion - and you write excellent posts. But you don’t know anything about prophecy.

Knowing a lot about something means very little if one cannot comprehend the meaning of what they know by use of simple common sense. Such is the person behind the veil of pro_universal.

It matters little that centuries before Jesus, words were spoken and written and kept accurate so that when events proved them true there could be no doubt. The practices that produce the unchangable perfect Koran are not valid for earlier works because Mohamed wasn’t associated with them is a conclusion more egregious than a simple misunderstanding. That is willful untruth.

Mohamed denies them with no authority to do so, changes the old prophesies to include himself in them, and calls the new valid, and the old invalid. Children learn to dismiss such obvious falseness on school playgrounds, but here Islam is taken to a new level.

Hi

The English word Prophet in my opinion does not signify much/all of the characteristics, as the word **Nabî **signify, a person who brings perfect news from the absolute unseen realm revealed on him who has been chosen by GodAllahYHWH; the unseen realm may be of a past event, present event or a future event.

Muhammad was a truthful such person, in my opinion, God revealed unto him from the absolute unseen realm in abundance relating to all these time periods; in my opinion, one won’t find a match of him in this regard.

This is one amongst many of the reasons that, the formal **Word (Quran) **revealed on him miraculously consisted of claims and reason on every important religious issue deeply rooted in the unchanging common human psyche, a complete and comprehensive guidance ,yet compact not a burden to the reader, a handy spiritual manual with no coined difficult terminology, for the special and the ordinary alike, as also for the scholar and student alike, so that was worthy of preservation on merit, as its utility is never to fade, for all times to come, heavenly fresh.

**It is therefore the only, in my opinion, the pristine Word that deserved security and preserved for the mankind at large in the original language it got revealed, without having versions. **

I don’t want, however, to debate on this subject or any other issue with my Catholic friends here else, I will however be pleased to prefer to discuss and listen to them eagerly, on merit.

Here I would mentions some (may be in the present post I mention only one) of the prophecies which Muhammad made getting inspired/revealed from GodAllahYHWH about Islam or Muslims at the end of times, which even my Catholic friends here won’t deny its fulfillment, rather they would be happily offering themselves as witnesses.

**Prophecy regarding the hardened clergy **

"Hazrat Ali narrated from Muhammad SAW that the Prophet said: There will come an era on the people of Islam that the real teachings of Islam would not be left but only
in name in them (i.e. they would be devoid of the real and truthful teachings of Islam). There would not be left from the Quran except its written text. The mosques of people of that age would inhabit to the full outwardly but these would be empty of the guidance. Their Ulema or scholars would be the worst of the creatures beneath the sky. Tribulations would rise out from such mosques and would return to them (i.e. they would be the source of all the evils of that period).
This Hadith has been traditionally narrated by al-Behqui under the al-Iemaan, classification. Its reference is: Mishkat, Kitabul Ilm, al-fasl-us Thalith page 38; Kanzul Ummal volume 6, page 43"
Unquote

Thanks

The Beautiful Qur'an

Mohammed seems to be taking things from the Bible then twisting them a bit for his own control desires.

Of course he happened to miss all those parts where Jesus said “I AM THE WAY” and etc.

:rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Hi

Would you kindly quote for us all the verse from the OTBible, where Muslims/Islam/Quran/Ulema of the current era have been depicted so vividly?

Thanks

The Prophet Muhammad SAW said there would come on my Ummah a period of tribulations and disturbances, people would go to their Ulema/scholars with a hope for seeking guidance; and lo! They would find that they have changed to monkeys and swine (i.e. in character the ulema or scholars would be in a very bad shape and in a very shameful condition, not able to guide them properly.). Kanzul Ummal page 190 volume 7

SO it doesn’t matter that Christians have already predicted the return of Jesus?

Do you have a list of any of the prophecies the prophet Ishmael said?

I think was Muhammad was pompous fool. Despite all of his work, he never did explain why he was above biblical prophecy.

… This is one amongst many of the reasons that, the formal **Word (Quran) **revealed on him miraculously consisted of claims and reason on every important religious issue deeply rooted in the unchanging common human psyche, a complete and comprehensive guidance ,yet compact not a burden to the reader, a handy spiritual manual with no coined difficult terminology, for the special and the ordinary alike, as also for the scholar and student alike, so that was worthy of preservation on merit, as its utility is never to fade, for all times to come, heavenly fresh.

This is an important topic; I have started a new thread about the supposedly beautiful Qur’an. I hope you’ll join it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.