Prophecies

…Mother Shipton (16th century):

The great chastisement will come when carriages go without horses and many accidents fill the world with woe. It will come when thoughts are flying
around the earth in the twinkling of an eye, when long tunnels are made for horse-less machines, when men can fly in the air and ride under the sea, when ships are wholly made of metal, when fire and water ‘great marvels do’ [steam engine?], when even the poor can read books, when many taxes are evied for war…

…St. Anthony of the Desert (4th century):

Men will surender to the spirit of the age. They will say that if they had lived in our day, Faith would be simple and easy. But in their day, they will
say, things are complex; the Church must be brought up to date and made meaningful to the day’s problems [Vatican II?]. When the Church and the world are one, then those days are at hand because our Divine Master placed a barrier between His things and the things of the world…

… Anna Catherine Emmerich

"Among the strangest things that I saw, were long processions of bishops. Their thoughts and utterances were made known to me through images issuing from their mouths. Their faults towards religion were shown by external deformities … I saw what I believe to be nearly all the bishops of the world, but only a small number were perfectly sound. I also saw the Holy Father - God-fearing and prayerful. Nothing left to be desired in his appearance, but he was weakened by old age and by much suffering. His head was lolling from side to side, and it dropped onto his chest as if he was falling asleep …Then I saw that everything pertaining to Protestantism was gradually gaining the upper-hand, and the Catholic religion fell into complete decadence. Most priests were lured by the glittering but false knowledge of young school-teachers, and they all contributed to the work of destruction. In those days, Faith will fall very low, and it will be preserved in some places only, in a few cottages and in a few families which God has protected from disasters and wars.

“… As we came nearer, however, the fire abated and we saw the blackened building. We went through a number of magnificent rooms, and we finally reached the Pope. He was sitting in the dark and slept in a large arm chair. He was very ill and weak; he could no longer walk. The ecclesiastics in the inner circle looked insincere and lacking in zeal; I did not like them. I told the Pope of the bishops who are to be appointed soon. I told him also that he must not leave Rome. If he did so, it would be chaos. He thought that the evil was inevitable and he should leave in order to save many things beside himself. He was very much inclined to leave Rome, and he was insistently urged to do so.”

Our Lady Of Quito:

"At the end of the 19th century and for a large part of the 20th, various heresies will flourish on this earth which will have become a free republic. The precious light of the Faith will go out in souls because of the almost total moral corruption: in those times there will be great physical and moral calamities, in private and in public. The little number of souls keeping the Faith and practising the virtues will undergo cruel and unspeakable suffering; through their long drawn out martyrdom many of them will go to their death because of the violence of their sufferings, and those will count as martyrs who gave their lives for Church or for country. To escape from being enslaved by these heresies will call for great strength of will, constancy, courage and great trust in God…

" In those days the spirit of impurity which like a deluge of filth will flood the streets, squares and public places. The licentiousness will be such that there will be no more virgin souls in the world.

“By having gained control of all the social classes, the sects will tend to penetrate with great skill into the hearts of families to destroy even the children. The devil will take glory in feeding perfidiously on the heart of children. The innocence of childhood will almost disappear. Thus priestly vocations will be lost, it will be a real disaster. Priests will abandon their sacred duties and will depart from the path marked out for them by God.” (Quito, Ecuador, 2nd February 1634).

Mark
www.veritas-catholic.blogspot.com

Mark,

I can assure you that this portion from Anna Catherine Emmerich is not talking about the end times. I read all her published writings myself, and this part had to do with things going on in the early 1800’s. She never said it had to do with the end times, either, but rather of her times.

hurst

[quote=hurst]Mark,

I can assure you that this portion from Anna Catherine Emmerich is not talking about the end times. I read all her published writings myself, and this part had to do with things going on in the early 1800’s. She never said it had to do with the end times, either, but rather of her times.

hurst
[/quote]

In her case, it sounded a lot like JPII. I am not familiar with her writings.

Mark
www.veritas-catholic.blogspot.com

Luke 18:8: “when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.