Prophesies About Muhammad in Old Testament

**There are prophecies about the Messenger Muhammad in the old testament in various chapters. In Deut., in Isaiah, in Habkook, in songs of Soloman. I present here one prophecy from Isaiah chapter 21. Please see:

A Prophecy Against Arabia **
13 An oracle concerning Arabia:
You caravans of Dedanites,
who camp in the thickets of Arabia,
14 bring water for the thirsty;
you who live in Tema,
bring food for the fugitives.

15 They flee from the sword,
from the drawn sword,
from the bent bow
and from the heat of battle.

16 This is what the Lord says to me: “Within one year, as a servant bound by contract would count it, all the pomp of Kedar will come to an end. 17 The survivors of the bowmen, the warriors of Kedar, will be few.” The LORD, the God of Israel, has spoken.

This prophecy about Muhammad and Abubakr running away from the drawn out swords of the pagans of Makkah is telling the Dedanites, and dwellers of Tema to come to the help of the fugitives with food and water.

It is a 100 % true prophecy about the might of the Kedarians ( camel riders, owners) will be destroyed within one year. That is what happened at the battle of Badr when all the big leaders of the Pagans of Makkah were killed in battle. 100% true words from the Lord God of Israel spoken through His messenger / prophet Isaiah.

I agree with you planten :wink: there are lots of prophecies about Muhammed in the bible, such as:

(Matthew 24:11):
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

(1 John 4:1):
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

(Matthew 7:15-16):
Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

(2 Pet 2:1-3):
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them–bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Planten- in another thread, I told you about the numerous prophecies and miracles of Jesus in the Bible. I’m reposting that post here. In light of these miracles and fulfilled prophecy, what is your position on the divinity of Jesus? (see posts 459, 460, 527, 528 and 530 in “Questions on Islam-rond 4 thread”)

Originally Posted by SteveLohr
Planten-I wouldn’t bring up Dr. Graham’s refusal to perform miracles, if I were you, as that argument shows the relative superiority of Jesus over Mohammad. You see, The Quran acknowledges that he preformed no miracles. See Generally Quran 17:92-95; 13:7
On the other hand, Jesus is clearly shown as doing the following miracles:

The Miracles of Jesus Christ

1. Stilling the Storm Matt
  2. Feeding the 5000
  3. Walking on the Water
  4. Feeding the 4000
  5. Temple Tax in the Fish’s Mouth
  6. Withering the Fig Tree
  7. Draught of Fish
  8. Turning Water into Wine
  9. Second Draught of Fish

Healing Miracles
General Healings

1. Cleansing of a Leper
  2. Healing a Centurion’s Servant
  3. Healing Peter’s Mother-in-law
  4. Healing the Sick at evening
  5. Healing a paralytic
  6. Healing the Hemorrhaging woman
  7. Healing Two Blind Men
  8. Healing a Man’s Withered Hand
  9. Healing the Gentile Woman’s Daughter
  10. Healing the Epileptic Boy
  11. Healing a Blind Men
  12. Healing a Deaf Mute
  13. Healing a Blind Man at Bethsaida
  14. Healing the Infirm, Bent Woman
  15. Healing the Man with Dropsy
  16. Cleansing the Ten Lepers
  17. Restoring a Servant’s Ear
  18. Healing the Nobleman’s Son (of fever)
  19. Healing an Infirm Man at Bethesda
  20. Healing the Man born blind

Resurrections

1. Raising the Ruler’s Daughter
  2. Raising of a Widow’s Son at Nain
  3. Raising of Lazarus
    Casting out Demons
  4. Demons entering a herd of swine
  5. Curing a Demon-possessed Mute
  6. Casting Out an Unclean Spirit
  7. Curing a Demon-possessed, Blind and Mute man

(H/T bcbsr.com/survey/jmrcls.html for the list)

If your argument that Dr. Graham is less of a prophet than the Ahmadi preacher is valid, then using the exact same logic one necessarily has to agree that Jesus is far superior in comparrison to Mohammad.

Regards,

Planten-following up on this point, there are the prophecies regarding Jesus. I’m also reposting these. (From post 460) How does the Muslim belief in Jesus being merely a prophet address this evidence?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLohr
Planten-another point I would make is that Christians haven’t “turned a weak man into God.” The evidence is that He is in fact, God. For instance, consider the role of prophecy. Here are eight old testament prophecies concerning the Messiah:

1. Micah foretells Jesus’ birthplace in Bethlehem. Micah 5:2
    2.-Malachi, Isaiah predicts John the Baptist. Isa. 40:3; Mal. 3:1
    3.-Zechariah in approx 520-480 CE predicts that Jesus would arrive on a donkey. Zechariah 9:9
    4.-King David may have predicted that Jesus would be betrayed. Psalm 41:9
    5.-King David may have predicted the crucifixion. Psalm 22:16
    6.-Zechariah may have predicted the price of Judas for betraying Jesus. Also the ultimate use of the money. Zechariah 11:4-13
    7.-Isaiah predicted Jesus’ remaining silent before his accusers. Isaiah 53:7
    8.-Isaiah predicted Jesus would be crucified with thieves. Isaiah 53:12

The odds of just these eight prophecies being fulfilled in one man is roughly
1:100,000,000,000,000,000
(Source: Stoner, Peter, Science Speaks. Chicago: Moody Press, 1963, pg. 100-07. A copy is available at geocities.com/stonerdon/science_speaks.html )

However, There are more prophecies:

-The Messiah was to be born from a virgin. Isaiah 7:14.
-Messiah was to enter Jerusalem in triumph. Zechariah 9:9
-The Messiah was to die as a sacrifice for sin. Isaiah 53:5
-The Messiah would be from the seed of Abraham (Gen 22:18-Matt 1:1)
-The Messiah would come from the linage of Isaac (Gen 21:12-Luke 3:34)
-The Messiah would be from the linage of Jacob (Num 24:17-Luke 3:34)
-The Messiah would be from the tribe of Judah (Gen 49:10-Luke 3:33)
-The Messiah would not respond to his accusers (Isaiah 53:7-Matt 27:12-19)
-The Messiah would be wounded and bruised (Isaiah 53:5-Matt 27:26)
-The Messiah would be smitten and spit upon (Isaiah 50:6-Matt 26:67)
-The Messiah would be mocked (Psalms 22:2-8-Matt 27:31
-The Messiah’s hands and feet would be pierced (Psalms 22:16-Luke 23:33)
-The Messiah would make intercession for His persecutors (Isaiah 53:12-Luke 23:34)
-The Messiah would be hated by His own people (Isaiah 53:3-John 7:5, 48)
-The Messiah would be hated without cause (Psalms 69:4-John 15:25)
-The Messiah’s friends would stand far off (Psalm 38:11-Luke 23:49)
-People shook their heads at Him (Psalms 109:25-Matt 27:39)
-They divided His garments and cast lots for them (Psalm 22:18-John 19:23, 24)
-He was to suffer thirst (Psalms 69:21)
-They offered him gall and vinegar to drink (Psalms 69:21-Matt 27:34)
-He cried aloud ‘My God, My God” (Psalms 22:1-Matt 27:46
-He committed his Spirit (Psalm 31:5-Luke 23:46)
-His bones were not broken (Psalms 34:20-John 19:33)
-His heart was broken (Psalms 22:14-John 19:34)
-His side was pierced (Zech 12:10-John 19:34)
-Darkness would come over the land (Amos 8:9-Matt 27:45)
-He would be buried in a rich man’s grave (Isaiah 53:9-Matt 27:57-60)
-The Messiah would be from the line of Jesse (Isaiah 11:1-Luke 3:23, 32)
-The Messiah would be from the House of David (Jerm 23:5-Luke 3:23, 31)
-The Messiah would be called Lord (Psalms 110:1-Luke 2:11)
-The Messiah would be a prophet (Deut 18:18-Matt 21:11)
-The Messiah would be a priest (Psalms 110:4-Heb 3:1)
-The Messiah would be a judge (Isaiah 33:22-John 5:30)
-The Messiah would be a King (Psalms 2:6-Matt 27:37)
-The Messiah would have the Holy Spirit (Isaiah 11:2-Matt 3:16-17)
-The Messiah would perform miracles (Isaiah 35:5, 6-Matt 9:35)
-The Messiah would teach in parables (Psalm 78:2-Matt 13:34)
-The Messiah would be betrayed by a friend (Psalms 41:9-Matt 10:4)
-The Messiah would be sold for 30 pieces of silver (Zech 11:12-Matt 26:15)
-The money would be thrown in God’s house (Zech 11:13-Matt 27:5)
-The Messiah would be forsaken by His disciples (Zech 13:7-Mark 14:50)
-The Messiah would be accused by false witnesses (Psalm 35:11-Matt 26:59-61)

Odds of forty-three of the prophecies being fulfilled are 10 raised to the 156th power, i.e., :
1:100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000

(Source: Stoner, Peter, Science Speaks. Chicago: Moody Press, 1963, pg. 100-07. A copy is available at geocities.com/stonerdon/science_speaks.html )

Just to compare, the total number of atoms in the known universe is approximately 10 raised to the 80th power. In short, the odds of these prophecies being fulfilled in one man is vastly greater than the number of atoms in this universe!

In my opinion, this is pretty good evidence that Jesus is who He says He is.

Regards,

**SteveLohr, the topic here is the prophecy of the prophet Isaiah chapter 19 about the Arabs. If I follow your line here it will derail the topic. I wanted to reply you there in your thread. But I could not do it. So please leave it there. Do not bring it here unless you have nothing to say about the prophet Isaiah’s prophecy.

If possible, i will try to reply to you about your detailed post where it belonged.

Same is my reply about your both posts about miracles and reports of jesus in the bibleOT. I am not questioning you here. I will deal with that at its appropriate place.
Thanks.**

**Here is another one from the prophet Isaiah. Please see. It is telling about a time when there will be less men and more women because many men will die in battles. There will not be enough men to marry the ladies. So there will be an order for polygamy in order to route out the evil from the society. Please see Isaiah 4:

Isaiah 4 (King James Version)

Isaiah 4
1And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach (shame).

2In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.**

The one who will come will have glory and beauty. The word Israel is symbolic because the prophecy is being told to the Jews and they only knew Israel.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

**Yes, B L, there are many prophecies in the bibleOT about Muhammad. Here is another one about Muhammad according to prophet Isaiah, Chapter 5, verses 26 to 30.

Isaiah 5:26-30
26And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:

27None shall be weary nor stumble among them; none shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken:

28Whose arrows are sharp, and all their bows bent, their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind:

29Their roaring shall be like a lion, they shall roar like young lions: yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry it away safe, and none shall deliver it.

30And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea: and if one look unto the land, behold darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof.**

This is telling the Jews about some one who will raise a flag from a far off place. He will call people from far and they will come swiftly. They shall not be weary nor will they stumble nor sleep… Read complete description of those people who will be with the one who calls.

Their horses hoofs shall will spark like flint… They will catch their prey and no one will be able to escape.

Why it will happen like that. It is told in verse 30 that there will be darkness in the world due to sin nd sorrow so much darkness that heavens will become dark. So there will be need of some severe operation…

blah blah blah blah and blahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Planten, the prophesies you are going on about are not about muhammad.
You have trouble understand the mere basics of the bible, so i doubt if you came up with this tactic on your own.
This has been address and dealt with before on these forums, please do a search before you shoot yourself in the foot… once again :rolleyes:

what bothers me when i read these boards is the lack of interest (and patience, and respect) people seem to have for anything that might be a challenge.

it’s either sarcastic replies with false-prophet quotes, in no way addressing the quotes the OP wanted to discuss, or a “blah blah blah, you can’t try that on us” type response.

what would be so bad about actually taking those verses, and …respectfully… giving the OP the dignity of his/her own perspective/thoughts/questions and addressing them intelligently and openly?

Instead of attacking me, why dont you do yourself a favour and go and read some of plantens posts. If you think im being disrespectful, have a look at some of the things he has written about Christians, Mary and especially about Jesus.
People who have been here for long periods of time, such as myself and who have knowledge of what has gone on in the past with people such as planten, have become beyond frustrated dealing with people like this.
Now run along and dont attack what you dont know about.

first and foremost, i have no intention of attacking you or anyone else. there’s a vast difference between respectfully expressing a grievance with the way people are handling something, and attacking them. i do not have any interest in attacking you, said absolutely nothing about you, and merely expressed how certain things you said, or attitudes you projected, bother me. that is fair discourse. i did not even mention you by name, because its not “you” who is the subject…its the approach that you and others have seemed to take. so i discussed the approach.

second of all, it doesn’t do any good to attach a stigma of a person’s history to every point they make. i don’t know what planten has said before, or what he is known for saying often, but what he presented here was nothing more than a legitimate challenge or thought. he offered a quote from the book and stated his interpretation. there is no need for anyone to pollute something like that with our own ideas of his “alterior motives”. one either finds his presentation worth looking at and discussing, or one doesn’t. if we do find it worth looking at, we can reply with respect to the subject.

as i have suggested to you, please go read his posts, then read the many replies we have given him. he does not listen, nor read or take in anything we try and teach him.
no matter how many explanation we have given, both intelligently, easy to absorb replies, he does not listen, but still goes on with what he has been taught to believe through islam.
The frustation level of dealing with it has gone beyond a joke, and when you do read some of the replies we have given him, you will soon understand why i give sarcastic replies, because he doesnt seem to respond to any other type of reply.

Did this information come out from Dr. Jamal Badawi speeches/web site?

#16 clearly states “within one year”. This was written around 700 **BC ** - so not, it’s about mohamad and abu bakr.

that’s what i was thinking too. but then again, time in the scriptures seems to be a loose, loose, loose set of terms.

Dr. Badawi Muhammad’s Migration From Mecca To Medina: Prophesied In The Bible?

Dr. Badawi: Indeed the incident of the migration of the prophet and his persecuted followers is vividly described in Isaiah 21:13-17. That section foretold as well about the battle of Badr in which the few ill-armed faithful miraculously defeated the “mighty” men of Ke’dar, who sought to destroy Islam and intimidate their own folks who turned to Islam.

Analysis:
Dr. Badawi refers to Paran being Mecca. Paran is 1000km from Mecca. He also claims that, J. Hastings’ Dictionary of the Bible, says that Teman is an oasis north of Medina.

J. Hastings’ Dictionary of the Bible dictionary does not!

Hastings’ dictionary:

Teman: A tribe and district of Edom. p. 897

Edom was an ancient country just south of the Dead Sea. Teman was a major well known district in Edom; it is about 800km from Medina! The details Jamal Badawi has referred to from Hasting’s dictionary are not those for Teman, but in fact those for Tema:

Hasting’s Dictionary Tema:

Tema: In Genesis 25:15-16
15 Hadad and Tema, Jetur, Naphish and Kedemah.
16 These are the sons of Ishmael and these are their names, by their villages, and by their camps; twelve princes according to their tribes.

Tema, a son of Ishmael. The country and people meant are still represented by the same name - the modern Taima a large oasis about 200 miles S.E. of the head of the gulf of Akabah, and the same distance due N. of Medina in W. Arabia. p. 897

Tema is the oasis town north of Medina, not Teman.

Dr. Badawi has taken the information of Tema and said that it applies to Teman! This is poor scholarship and deceitful. If Jamal Badawi wants to be taken seriously as an academic then he must quote information correctly and not twist it.

What makes his misquote all the more serious is that in his next quote from the Bible (Isaiah 21:13-17) the Tema of Arabia is mentioned and so Dr. Badawi must have known that there was a difference between Tema and Teman.

Dr. Badawi claims that Isaiah 21:13-17 predicts the Battle of Badr (one of Muhammad’s battles). This is an extreme example of teaching out of context for this Scripture clearly says, Within a year, and this word of God came to Isaiah around 700 B.C. That is 1300 years before Muhammad.

**jakasaki, please understand that "Within one year " means within one year of that incident of the fugitives… The Prophet Isaiah is forecasting / telling something which the Lord God of Israel had told him. That is an incident. So please count the one year from the time that incident will take place, not from 714 years before christ.

Please Read these Prophecies gently and diligently. Thanks**.

**Thanks for the interest. First the incident is important that will take place. Meaning the migration and refuge of the fugitives from the tyranny of the pagans, enemies, in Arabia.

Then we will count the time of One year. That I hope should be easy to understand. And it is clear news (forecast= prophecy) about Arabia. The words Dedanites and Tema and Kedars all relate to the Arabs territory and Arab people around Hijaz. Kedars were the camel riders**…

I asked a question in my previous post, perhaps you missed it…

Please answer… and if it’s not from Dr. Jamals site, please provide your source of this information of the Isaiah passage you quoted.

Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.