Prosperity and Gods prosperity

Some say that if we seek first the kingdome of God, God will prosper us??
Some say that God own’s all and that HIS children will prosper all?
Others say nothing of this world meens anything that LOVE is all that counts?
What of those who have it all, do they have it all, both love of God and money, is this God’s will that they have both, and can this get a person to heaven?

Is it worth our having money position possession and still hoping to get to heaven?
Godbless

The more you give God on earth, the more you have of God you have in Heaven. :smiley:

If you hold onto anything too tightly here, you might not even get there! :eek:

But, as it is written: That eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him.

1 Cor 2:9

I think if you let go, you are happy whatever God does with it. If you have it you are happy, if you do not you are happy, if you have its opposite you are happy. :slight_smile:

We should let go of attachments, so that we have none but God’s will. :slight_smile:

When those are gone, we should continue to let go of everything for God’s will, even if it doesn’t hurt anymore, it is still His will and gains us His greater love.

How to tell when something is really let go? When you can embrace the opposite just as easy. So give up good food, eat bad food, it is all the same. :slight_smile:

‘Brother, I am most grateful for the kindness you wished to do me. I appreciate it very highly; but, if God has given me the great sufferings I am enduring, why wish to soothe and lessen them by music? For the love of Our Lord, thank those gentlemen for the kindness they had wished to do me: I look upon it as having been done. Pay them, and send them away, for I wish to endure without any relief the gracious gifts which God sends me in order that, thanks to them, I may the better merit.’

St. John of the Cross

You can have treasure on earth or you can have treasure in Heaven, probably not both.

God gives you a choice you can ask for your reward on earth or in Heaven. IF you want fame fortune and riches here on earth you can take your reward now. OR if you want your reward later in Heaven, you can receive it then.

Jesus says, “woe to the rich for you have your reward” … it is harder for a rich man to get to Heaven than a camel to crawl through the eye of a needle… you can not serve both God and mammon… where ever your treasure lies, that is where your heart will be.

This is not to say that all rich people get condemned (because “with God all things are possible”), BUT great wealth make things a lot more difficult if not almost impossible.

We tend to think that folks with great wealth are especially blessed by God, but Jesus is always praising the poor and giving warnings to the rich. I don’t think anyone ever aspires to be poor, EXCEPT the clergy. They give everything up for God, because they know whatever they give up on earth will be repaid a hundred fold in Heaven.

The question then is how much prosperity is too much ? We need to live and provide for our families, and we need to balance that off with helping our Church and our neighbors.

:amen:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.