Protest "southern decadence" and "the da vinci code"

this was sent to me, hope you help:

Dear miguel,

In the wake of Hurricane Katrina’s devastating damage to New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, everyone is turned to those suffering from this great disaster. However, while Louisiana suffered, participants in the homosexual festival called Southern Decadence reveled in the streets of Lafayette in the Bayou State. The TFP protested and our protest helped move the mayor to declare the parade had no permit and would not be allowed on the streets. While a “parade” of some two dozen took place on the sidewalks, the TFP organized four dozen souls and prayed a rosary in reparation at Lafayette’s cathedral before a statue of Our Lady of the Assumption, Patroness of Acadia. Click here for more.

Today we are putting up an official web page for our ongoing campaign against The Da Vinci Code book and movie. This page will keep you up to date on our protests and statements about this film which attacks everything you and I hold sacred. Click here to take a look at this page and come back often.

I would also like to announce that we will soon be publishing a book against The Da Vinci Code. We are in the final stages of printing. We asked Random House for permission to quote larger passages of the book. While such permissions are a normal part of publishing, the response was not what we expected. The publisher denied such permission without explanation. Click here for more.

Finally, our America Needs Fatima campaign has just published a short booklet with a one hour meditation on the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ. This excellent booklet is based on the writings of Prof. Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira and applies the lessons of the Passion to our days. Click here to read about this booklet and then order a free copy.

Until next time.

Yours in Jesus and Mary,

http://www.tfp.org/what_we_do/index/images/jh-sig.gif

We asked Random House for permission to quote larger passages of the book. While such permissions are a normal part of publishing, the response was not what we expected. The publisher denied such permission without explanation

This, I’m suprised about.

Random House has a vested interest in stirring up as much interest as possible for the Davinci movie as well as the book.

My guess has to be that they have big hopes on Dan Brown’s next project which is something totally unrelated to Davinci and they want to move on.

The Name Southerrn Decadence Is Just Perfect For Those Guys.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.