Protestant Apologists expose Catholic Monsignor for not believing that you need to believe in Christ to be saved!

Check out this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=e2Pd6BqCSWE

Some Protestant apologists expose a Catholic Monsignor for his denial that you need to believe in Jesus to be saved. They are surprised that the priest says that you don’t need to be baptized to be saved.

Just watch it, this is what denial of the dogma “Extra Ecclesiam Nullas Salus” (No salvation outside the Church) leads to, folks. :eek:

Well thank God this CRACK team uncovered this shocking statement and sent it on to Rome. We can’t have rogue monsignors disrupting the debate play book.

Well, in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 161:

"The necessity of faith
161 Believing in Jesus Christ and in the One who sent him for our salvation is necessary for obtaining that salvation.[42] “Since “without faith it is impossible to please [God]” and to attain to the fellowship of his sons, therefore without faith no one has ever attained justification, nor will anyone obtain eternal life ‘But he who endures to the end.’”]

Sounds pretty clear to me !!!

Regards,

Catechism of the Catholic Church

Non-Christians who seek God with a sincere heart and, moved by grace, try to do His will as they know it through the dictates of conscience can also be saved without water baptism; they are said to desire it implicitly. (1260)

Yep, that’s what he gets for denying a doctrine that condemns non-Catholics to eternal hellfire without the chance of hope LOL (extra ecclesium non salus). What happened to “where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in their midst” and “if they are not against us, they are for us?” Why don’t we try focusing on Christ Jesus, loving our neighbor, living the gospel, and less time focusing on condemning our protestant brethren to Hell for eternity? This post’s final words are disturbing to me…:mad:

I think the OP was saying when people deny the dogma of Extra Ecclesiam Nullas Sallus, it can lead to relativism. Technically, as Angels Unaware pointed out, someone could end up in Heaven without having believed in Jesus Christ while alive through implicit desire but lack of access to knowledge, but they would still be Saved by Christ through His Church.

Now, some Protestants try to claim that one must explicitly accept Christ as Lord and Savior (or however their denomination defines it) in order to be Saved, but this is not what the Catholic Church teaches. We recognize such things as “invincible ignorance” and “implicit desires”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.