protestant behaviour on other forums

Hi all
I just felt to congradulate Catholics for their behaviour on another well known forum (Im not sure if I can name the other forum so I wont) despite the cruel and insulting behaviour from protestants. Im sure you probably know the forum Im talking about. It is well known for its tolerance for bad behaviour towards any one who doesnt believe what they believe. Anyway I made it publically known that I would not be involved on that forum anymore because of their overtly unchristian behaviour towards Catholics. Needless to say I copped the same from them which only served to prove me right. Well thats all I wanted to say. God bless.:thumbsup:

kja, welcome to our forum community. :)
Thank you for your kind words that reveal your own Christian charity.
God bless you for that!
Warm regards, Trishie

Hi kja,

Thanks for the report. Your comments are an important reminder that every Christian needs to be a living witness for their faith, before anything else. Thanks for the reminder!

[quote="kja, post:1, topic:285773"]
Hi all
I just felt to congradulate Catholics for their behaviour on another well known forum (Im not sure if I can name the other forum so I wont) despite the cruel and insulting behaviour from protestants.

[/quote]

The problem is that protestants do not have the fullness of truth, so they will lash out at catholics. I mean, if you consider it logically, how many protestant religions are there? Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands? Really the only thing they can agree on is that they don't like the true church. I really wouldn't be too hard on them, they simply do not know any better.

I've only back on the internet less then a mounth after about 7 or 8 years off it, but back then there were a few 'rough' ones (on both sides):o even back then. I have only one since I've been back that I thought of posting on, but it did not have the 'right' feeling to it. :whacky:

[quote="kja, post:1, topic:285773"]
Hi all
I just felt to congradulate Catholics for their behaviour on another well known forum (Im not sure if I can name the other forum so I wont) despite the cruel and insulting behaviour from protestants. Im sure you probably know the forum Im talking about. It is well known for its tolerance for bad behaviour towards any one who doesnt believe what they believe. Anyway I made it publically known that I would not be involved on that forum anymore because of their overtly unchristian behaviour towards Catholics. Needless to say I copped the same from them which only served to prove me right. Well thats all I wanted to say. God bless.:thumbsup:

[/quote]

I've been doing this at CAF for a few years now, and have explored other sites, including the one that rhymes with charm, and have found most of the others far more hostile. In fact, as a Lutheran, I feel more at home here. :shrug:

originally posted by nightranger:
The problem is that protestants do not have the fullness of truth, so they will lash out at catholics. I mean, if you consider it logically, how many protestant religions are there? Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands? Really the only thing they can agree on is that they don't like the true church.** I really wouldn't be too hard on them, they simply do not know any better.**

Well, in some of these sites, they lash out pretty harshly at Lutherans, too.

Simply do not know any better? Really? You seriously believe that a Christian, of any communion, doesn't have the understanding of Christ that we should love our neighbor as ourselves, or knowledge of what you and know as the 8th Commandment which requires us to not bear false witness?

Honestly, and with due respect, this approach appears to this noncatholic as either enabling of un-Christlike behavior, or worse, condescending. I would think you don't mean it ether way, but that's the way it sounds.

Jon

[quote="JonNC, post:6, topic:285773"]
I've been doing this at CAF for a few years now, and have explored other sites, including the one that rhymes with charm, and have found most of the others far more hostile. In fact, as a Lutheran, I feel more at home here. :shrug:

Jon

[/quote]

Also rhymes with harm.

GKC

[quote="GKC, post:7, topic:285773"]
Also rhymes with harm.

GKC

[/quote]

Probably a more appropriate one, as well. ;)
Jon

[quote="nightranger, post:4, topic:285773"]
The problem is that protestants do not have the fullness of truth, so they will lash out at catholics. I mean, if you consider it logically, how many protestant religions are there? Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands? Really the only thing they can agree on is that they don't like the true church. I really wouldn't be too hard on them, they simply do not know any better.

[/quote]

:rolleyes: That's always the reason isn't it? We don't have the fullness of truth so we are rude, ignorant, naive, arrogant, etc etc.

I' not Catholic and I am disgusted by some of the way these people talk to each other on those other forums.

[quote="nightranger, post:4, topic:285773"]

[/quote]

yes, its like buying a bootleg dvd and then finding out the viewing quality sucks. They have no one to blame but themselves, if they don't care for getting the best.

[quote="Califman831, post:10, topic:285773"]
yes, its like buying a bootleg dvd and then finding out the viewing quality sucks. They have no one to blame but themselves, if they don't care for getting the best.

[/quote]

Seems like some are trying to prove those protestants on some other sites are alone. :rolleyes:

I am sure Christians, both protestants and catholics, are called to be Charitable. I am also sure at said website there are christians non-catholics that are charitable. Similarly, here there are christian catholics that are not charitable.

I am happy to be here, and I am glad others find this website useful. We love God, love Jesus Christ, love the Holy Spirit. We honor the Blessed Mother, and appreciate the wisdom of the saints. We want to be active participants in our Churches. Let's remember always that We are CHRISTIANS first, and then Lutherans, Catholics, Orthodox, and so on.

[quote="JonNC, post:11, topic:285773"]
Seems like some are trying to prove those protestants on some other sites are alone. :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Charming.

GKV

[quote="Patavium, post:12, topic:285773"]
I am sure Christians, both protestants and catholics, are called to be Charitable. I am also sure at said website there are christians non-catholics that are charitable. Similarly, here there are christian catholics that are not charitable.

I am happy to be here, and I am glad others find this website useful. We love God, love Jesus Christ, love the Holy Spirit. We honor the Blessed Mother, and appreciate the wisdom of the saints. We want to be active participants in our Churches. Let's remember always that We are CHRISTIANS first, and then Lutherans, Catholics, Orthodox, and so on.

[/quote]

We are Christians first? How about we are the First Christians......

[quote="TexanKnight, post:14, topic:285773"]
We are Christians first? How about we are the First Christians......

[/quote]

Brother, relax.

I meant in the order of writing these words like Christian Catholic, and others. I did not mean anything else than that. Our protestant brothers are also Christians.

God bless!

I visit a mostly Calvinist site at times, but I find this site more agreeable theologically. I might disagree with Catholics on some issues, but I am more at home here.

[quote="Patavium, post:15, topic:285773"]
Brother, relax.

I meant in the order of writing these words like Christian Catholic, and others. I did not mean anything else than that. Our protestant brothers are also Christians.

God bless!

[/quote]

I simply disagree that we are Christians first and "Lutherans, baptists, Catholics. etc." second.

We are Catholics. We are not one of the groups. We are THE group. The others are protestants. We have the truth. We have the authority. No one else does.

So, not trying to start something, but we are are Catholics. First.

Just got off of a another Catholic site, they did not need anyone to go there and act badly!:o

It's nothing more than a training ground for attack dogs
They allow enough dissent to have fresh meat for a pack attack

[quote="GKC, post:7, topic:285773"]
Also rhymes with harm.

GKC

[/quote]

[quote="TexanKnight, post:17, topic:285773"]
I simply disagree that we are Christians first and "Lutherans, baptists, Catholics. etc." second.

We are Catholics. We are not one of the groups. We are THE group. The others are protestants. We have the truth. We have the authority. No one else does.

So, not trying to start something, but we are are Catholics. First.

[/quote]

Amen Amen Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.