Protestant Dark ages among us?

I found an intersting parallel with Christian history.

The early Church Fathers understood things as they were meant to be, for example the simple truths within the Eucharist and the many other Traditions carried throughout the Church.

They also knew the greek and latin languages.

As the Fathers died off so did the knowledge of the Greek language.

The Church at this point understood the new writtings in Latin but could not read or understand the Greek.

Going back farther this happened to the Jews as well, stories of Kings, good ones and bad ones, you know the story, and then one king comes along and sends out his loyal soldiers to collect information and they bring back a dusty old book, the king dust it of and finds out why they are truly being attacked by other jews, throughout generations there own story was lost, the book that his soldier brings back is the Pentateuch which had been lost for centries and no memory of.

Moving forward again when the Catholic Church lost the greek language, all of the greek writtings, philosphy, wisdom, theology, science and so on was lost, forgotten about.

The Church goes through the dark ages…

We have the protestant reformation…

Today our Protestant friends have formed a new fundamental group, preaching scripture alone, forget reason, dont worry about science proving that the earth is billions of years old but to the fundamental it is literally 6,000 plus years because the bible says so.

Even creation evangelist in the fundamental arena use science when it helps their cause but refer to scripture only when science disagrees.

Could we be watching this cycle in front of our very own eyes?

Check out how the protestant or fundamental christian is building their currrent doctrine by scripture alone, and each of the many denominations is right and the one down the street has it all wrong, and we catholics just have to be the anti christ church because revelations talks about us when it refers to that church surrounded by 7 hills and rome is surrounded by 7 hills, so therefore Roman Catholics are the anti christ, even though we are on the other side of the Tibris River and not a part of Rome but are our own Vatican City.

Just like our catholic past when we lost reason, it got us in a lot of trouble, todays protestants are in the dark because they hold to scripture alone and forget about the context of the stories and have forgotten about the oral stories outside of the bible.

Perhaps through the strength of our faith, through our solid foundation, through love and charity we will continue to bring the protestants back, as well as the jews.

As a new Catholic after praying the Rosary, I say this prayer:

“O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy”

When I heard that prayer the 1st time I was so surprised how charitable it was, meaning I a believer would offer up a prayer not only for my sins but all, to ask not to save me, but all of us, and lead all souls to heaven and capitalizing on fallen souls who are in most need of His mercy.

[quote=Reid]todays protestants are in the dark because they hold to scripture alone and forget about the context of the stories and have forgotten about the oral stories outside of the bible.
[/quote]

We do tend to be dumb, which makes us incapable of higher education. (Some of us are even incapable of correct grammar and spelling.) As such, we seldom come into contact with insightful presentations of church history such as yours.

Nevertheless, some (like me) hang out at the CA forums and we’re slowly beginning to learn a little Bible here and there.

Just be patient. We’re doing the best we can.

[quote=Reid]Perhaps through the strength of our faith, through our solid foundation, through love and charity we will continue to bring the protestants back, as well as the jews.

As a new Catholic after praying the Rosary, I say this prayer:

“O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy”

When I heard that prayer the 1st time I was so surprised how charitable it was, meaning I a believer would offer up a prayer not only for my sins but all, to ask not to save me, but all of us, and lead all souls to heaven and capitalizing on fallen souls who are in most need of His mercy.
[/quote]

That prayer was given to us by Our Lady at Fatima:thumbsup: .

You’d also love the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

It consists of primarily these two prayers:

Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.