Protestant Eschatology observation

I’m sure most of us have seen the left behind movies or at least know of the dispensationalist view of the end times. What concerns me the most is how it compares with Catholic eschatology as seen by the saints. Let’s make a short comparison:

Protestant Dispensationalist:

Antichrist: Coming to power no doubt through U.N. or E.U., helping the world through initially very hard times, having a message of peace for the world, working closely with SOME ie. Catholic church leaders and being very charming and charismaitc a great diplomat. All this before turning bad.

Catholic (not official) but through the Saints:

Great Monarch: Great diplomat, working closely with the Holy Father, helping the world through very hard times. having a message of peace, no doubt, all this before the “three days”.

I think Satan knows what’s going to happen better then we do. He has a great knowledge of scripture. He can’t change what’s going to happen but he can try and change our interpretation of this. I think this dispensationalist view and the wide spread of the books and movies of the Left Behind series is very dangerous. What will happen when there not wifted away to the clouds. Such crisis of faith I suppose.

What’s your take?

Exactly. It will bring about a serious faith crises to the point of it being the Great Apotasy…

What happens when the tribulation happens and all are still here? People will probably stop believing in the invisible God and start believing in the visible God…

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, [be] honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Hbr 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

Protestants are not all pre-trib. and most pre-trib people would be willing to change their mind on that doctrine BEFORE changing their minds about God in any other way.

"What happens when the tribulation happens and all are still here? " Do you want to re-think that? “Tribulation” means the whistle has blown and the football game is over. The players don’t keep on with the game.
?
chimera

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.