Protestant Forums

Does anybody know of any protestant forums out there that allow Catholics to join.

yes … raptureready.com.

Hope that helps

[quote=Andrew_11]Deos anybody know of any protestant forums out there that allow Catholics to join.
[/quote]

Just a little suggestion… you might want to lose your signature on their web-site, though!!!:wink:

Notworthy

[quote=Andrew_11]Deos anybody know of any protestant forums out there that allow Catholics to join.
[/quote]

You can try the Christian Apologetics Research Ministry (CARM), but I must warn you that they are particularly hostile to Catholics and have a tendnecy to either (a) not answer quesitons and/or (b) answer quesitons with their own questions. I have tried to defend the CC, but was laughed at (I am afraid I did not represent us ver well at all). They are strictly scripture adherents. Mention the Church Fathers and they dismiss them. Mary? Good luck! the Rosary? Look out! If you are thick-skinned and very well versed in Catholicism then give it a shot. That site need all the Catholic help it can get! BTW,I was born on the feast of St. Andrew, attended St. Andrew parochial school, and my confirmation name is Andrew so I am rooting for you!!!

[quote=jim1130]BTW,I was born on the feast of St. Andrew, attended St. Andrew parochial school, and my confirmation name is Andrew so I am rooting for you!!!
[/quote]

img339.imageshack.us/img339/5834/bmp217nj.th.jpg
*November 30th
*Troparion (Tone 4)
As the first-called Apostle and brother of their leader, entreat the Master of all to grant peace to the world, O Andrew, and great mercy to our souls.

[quote=Mickey]img339.imageshack.us/img339/5834/bmp217nj.th.jpg
*November 30th
*Troparion (Tone 4)
As the first-called Apostle and brother of their leader, entreat the Master of all to grant peace to the world, O Andrew, and great mercy to our souls.
[/quote]

Thank you. As I have said before, your posts are a great source of inspiration and education for me. Thank you!

I’ve been spending a bit of time at Code Blue, which is based out of New Zeland: cbworldview.cesbooks.co.nz/

It’s a small forum, we’ve had some lively debates and I’ve gotten a bit frustrated a time or two but overall the atmosphere is good. It’s been a bit slow lately.

If you like to get into the thick of it go to Raptureready.com like God’s Child says. There are a lot of good Christian folks over there and about 20 percent extremely anti-catholic people who are convinced the Catholic Church is evil and the whore of Babylon.

You will see the usual Catholics worship statues and other stuff there. I have gotten into some decent threads but it is difficult to maintain charity at times especially when I have very limited time on the computer and not responding usually will get you buried in posts so you never get heard.

If you do go to these sites it is important to have some non-catholic support for your position such as early Christian writings, encyclopedia links and Biblical support. Insist on them doing the same and not using anti-catholic links with second sourcing for their position and if you are able to get them to do that, congrats.

You can check out some of my posts there, I use the username Scylla, but now that we are celebrating Christmas, I barely have time to dedicate to providing good answers.

God Bless
Scylla

Oh dear - check out the article on raptureready.com titled ‘Is the Pope the AntiChirst?’. They say he’s not, but pretty darned close…God bless anyone who has the time and knowledge to try and explain our faith on this forum.

Jim, I too am a Catholic member of CARM and have noticed the same things you mention. Except I would not consider the CARM members strict Scrimpture adherents when it benefits them to go outside of Scriputre to support their argument.

[quote=jim1130]You can try the Christian Apologetics Research Ministry (CARM), but I must warn you that they are particularly hostile to Catholics and have a tendnecy to either (a) not answer quesitons and/or (b) answer quesitons with their own questions. I have tried to defend the CC, but was laughed at (I am afraid I did not represent us ver well at all). They are strictly scripture adherents. Mention the Church Fathers and they dismiss them. Mary? Good luck! the Rosary? Look out! If you are thick-skinned and very well versed in Catholicism then give it a shot. That site need all the Catholic help it can get! BTW,I was born on the feast of St. Andrew, attended St. Andrew parochial school, and my confirmation name is Andrew so I am rooting for you!!!
[/quote]

[quote=Andrew_11]Does anybody know of any protestant forums out there that allow Catholics to join.
[/quote]

There are bunches, but I think that the question that you should ask, is “Are they willing to actually talk with us as opposed to arguing and bashing the Catholic Church?” If you want fairly reasonable discourse with non-Catholics that are (by & large) decent, then stay here at CAF or maybe CCF or DCF, I lurk on some of the n-C fora, but don’t post that much because real and serious discourse is not always possible there. (I was booted from one forum just for flat out proving that Jack Chick’s “Alberto” stories are a hoax from n-C sources no less.)

I wouldn’t waste time on CARM. Joined, lurk, no surprises, but no decent discussions that would make it worth my while.

There are a couple of decent n-C forums that I do post on.
SinginBeauty’s Christian Unity Forum ain’t half bad at all, though small right now.

OBOB on Christian Forums is also okay, but don’t get feisty in the n-C sections. The rhetoric in there should come as no surprise.

Sean Hannity has a decent religion forum, and the core of Catholics there seems to be good defenders of the faith. I do post there some.

One heavily a-C forum I was on is currently under a boycott by most of the Catholics that used to post there because the admin/mods are as bad as it gets.

I find most of the best discussions that I have happen right here on CAF where (IMO) the moderation is about as even-handed as it’s gonna get. Maybe I’m prejudiced, but I just like hangin’ out with the Catholics.
Pax tecum,

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.