Protestant hatred Mary without realizing it.

Most Protestants who have issues with Marian doctrine of the Church do not realized it that when they preach this, they are doing it out of the hatred of Mary indirectly.

Would you mind backing that up with something substantial, or am I going to have to take your word for it; that I hate Mary indirectly, without realizing it?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

If it wasn’t for the fact that you seem to be serious; this would be downright hilarious!

And you reached this conclusion how? Since they are not even aware of it…

Manny,
I generally accept the Marion doctrines, but this accusation is plain unchristian. You’re better than this, Manny.

Luther’s Small Catechism

The Eighth Commandment.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

What does this mean?–Answer.

We should fear and love God that we may not deceitfully belie, betray, slander, or defame our neighbor, but defend him, [think and] speak well of him, and put the best construction on everything.

Jon

When they claim that Mary was never a virgin one prime example and they have no motherly relationship with Mary like Catholics and Orthodox.

This the common view I encounter from Protestants, it’s only, Jesus and me and no one else."

God spoke of a Family. God, as our Father, and those who believe and are baptized in Christ are adapted sons and daughters of God. Like any family, a family has a mother and father.

In Protestantism, it’s only the Father but no mother. There is no family in Protestantism.

Most Protestants who have issues with Marian doctrine of the Church do not realized it that when they preach this, they are doing it out of the hatred of Mary indirectly.

** They are more likely to have issues because they simply do not understand what the Marian doctrines mean. For example, I’ve seen Protestant polemicists say that “Immaculate Conception of Mary” means that Mary likewise was born of a virginal conception.:shrug: **

I shall quote a Protestant, “It’s only me and Jesus period.” Ok, how about those other Christians, or how about when Jesus gave us his mother at the cross. “Behold your mother.”

That did not answer my question. The first statement shows neglect or indifference, not hatred. Unless you are also contending they hate God and the Holy Spirit and Paul as well.
I am trying to figure out how you figured out it was hatred.

Most of it comes from my conversation with Protestants who are extremely Anti-Catholic. They often say that since the Catholic Church believes that Mary is the Queen of Heaven, our Mary is not the same Mary of the Gospel. But in fact she is. So they have turn this so called preaching into a “pagan” Mary and they show a lot of hatred for it and affirmed the Catholic Church is false.

Without realizing it when they preached against the Church, and condemned our Mary, they condemned also the Mary of the Lord. It’s pure hatred and lack of any understanding of Catholic teaching…

LOL

I can’t believe the “line of reasoning” I’m reading here…
Ok, first things first:

1: Claiming that Mary did not remain a virgin her entire life is not hatred of Mary. Period. It is examining what the Scriptures indirectly say on this subject.

2: So, a family where there is no mother is not a family? What about those single parents outthere?
And how does THIS show a hatred of Mary? You’re changing the subject, but it’s not going to work.

Your reasoning is downright ridiculous, and the worst part is that after so long in here, I’m no longer surprised…

But, ok, now I’m going to assume your reasoning is correct (though I don’t believe that it is):

If it is as you say, that Mary must be “the mother” in the family of the Father and the Son, then it must ALSO follow that Marry too is preexistant; and thus: Part of the Trinity. Now, I expect you to howl and scream that it’s not the case, and that I’m just an RC-hater, etc. I’ve heard it before. But it is the logical conclusion of your own reasoning.
If Mary is “the mother” in the “divine family”, then she must also be pre-existing like both the Father and the Son. You can’t HAVE your cake, AND eat it.

=Mannyfit75;4255961]When they claim that Mary was never a virgin one prime example and they have no motherly relationship with Mary like Catholics and Orthodox

How many protestants believe that the Bible is false when it explicitly states she was a virgin? :rolleyes: Give me a break, Manny.

In Protestantism, it’s only the Father but no mother. There is no family in Protestantism

Just baloney.

But it seems like you are saying that a pagan Mary is your Mary when you state they hate Mary. To be accurate, you are saying that Protestants hate a caricature of Mary I believe. Unless you think that the Mary they preach against is indeed your Mary in which case I am still not sure it is hatred but is instead a communication problem.

[quote]How many protestants believe that the Bible is false when it explicitly states she was a virgin? :rolleyes: Give me a break, Manny.

They deny that Mary is the Perpetual Virgin. Period.

Just baloney.

Really who is your Mother?
[/quote]

Maybe this is a classic case of projectionism Manny. You actually hate Protestants. I think you should consider the possibility.

Well, we do not believe our Mary is pagan. Protestants have come to conclude that the Catholic Mary is pagan in origin.

To be accurate, you are saying that Protestants hate a caricature of Mary I believe. Unless you think that the Mary they preach against is indeed your Mary in which case I am still not sure it is hatred but is instead a communication problem.

They hate Mary because they do not believe she is a Perpetural Virgin or do not acknowledge that she is the Mother of God, which the Church affirm in the Council of Ephesus. Well, to be more accurate, some Protestants here do not Mary to be the Mother of God.

The OP is being uncharitable. We should never presume bad or evil motives on the part of others.

I believe most Protestants honestly believe Catholics are mistaken about who Mary was/is, and sincerely think they are defending her by opposing us. Now obviously, as a Catholic, I disagree with them; but I credit them with good intentions. And I’m sure Mary does too. :slight_smile:

I hate the theology of Protestantism not individual Protestants. I believe Protestantism itself is an erroneous doctrines since it is founded by a heretic name Martin Luther.

I’m only being honest here. I’m not being uncharitable. I’m only drawing conclusions of Protestants hatred of Mary by their Anti-Catholicism.

I still need an answer to the question: "Why is not calling Mary “perpetual virgin” the same as hating Mary?"
ARE you able to answer at all, or do you prefer to shout abuse instead?
Oh, and while you’re at it - could you reply to my post, please?

Semper fidelis!

LDK

Let me put it this way, “Anti-Catholic Protestants equal Mary haters.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.