Protestant Inquisition?

I remeber seeing on a previous thread a post with a link to an articale of “The Protestant Inquisition”. Could anyone give any information on this? I mean some real info. in it. Thanks and God bless.

I think such things like the Salem Witch Trials would count as a Protestant Inquisition. The Puritan’s abuse of pagens and non-beleivers. Or did you want a specific event that can be dated?

I don’t have a specific reference material to recommend, but look into the persecution by the Anglican Church (Church of England) just after the reformation. There is even a special feast day for the martyrs who died for the faith in England: catholic-forum.com/saints/martyr02.htm

Is this what you’re looking for, Montie?

ic.net/~erasmus/RAZ247.HTM

[quote=RobNY]Is this what you’re looking for, Montie?

ic.net/~erasmus/RAZ247.HTM
[/quote]

Well, That is what I saw on another thread. I was wondering if there were any history books on the subject that could give me a clearer and more full picture of things.

That’s a tough one because there is so much bias. The one article that they gave above, entitled “The Protestant Inquisition” is about the most balanced thing I’ve seen on it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.