Protestant Prime Minister Pockets Communion Wafer

Thought you find this infuratiating! pewsitter.com reports that a Canadian Bishop gives the eucharist to the Prime Minister and he ends up pocketing the communino wafer!!

telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/front/article/722036

Thought you find this infuratiating! pewsitter.com reports that a Canadian Bishop gives the eucharist to the Prime Minister and he ends up pocketing the communino wafer!!

telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/front/article/722036

Some say that he ate it.

Apart from the fact that I cannot suppress a smirk, I got one question:
How is it possible, that the Prime Minister was taking part in the communion? He is not Catholic (Wikipedia states he is Evangelical). How can he be eligible for that?
Still grinning… I mean look at this here (in the Catholic Encyclopedia):
"In the Early Church the catechumens were strictly excluded from the Eucharist."
Those are even people who intend to join the church… not just anybody with a name…
It just does not make sense to me that someone who obviously does not share the same reverence for the wafer actually can get a hold of it. Whoever is shocked at what he did should be first of all shocked about the fact that he could.
(I’ll refrain from further comments on the eucharist for the sake of peace.)

This story is in this thread:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=354519

Dupe thread

thread closed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.