protestant private interpretation in action

cherck out this video on youtube of a guy completly using his privite interpretation on once saved always saved and the book of hebrews.

youtube.com/watch?v=loI_uwYmGXk&watch_response

this should be a wake up call to all protestants of the dangers of privite interpretation. after all, if sola scriptura is true and everyone has the right to be guided be the holy spirit to all truth, how do you know that this guy is wrong? doesn’t sola scriptura make this guys interpretation potentially valid?

My goodness gracious…that man is butchering the Gospel…for those of you that might not take the time to watch this…he basically states that The Church did not begin until St. Paul was converted!

exactly.

Also, Youtube has become a Video forum as well.

does this guy sound Catholic to an extent?

youtube.com/watch?v=Bjt6Z4Vt1P4

He was explaining how remission and forgiveness are not synonyms. But in Acts 2:38 it is not true.
The greek word in this verse “aphesin” May translate to Remission, but it definitely is a synonym to Forgiveness (It means letting go, or removal literally)
He used the reference to remission of cancer, to pause it. This is a definition of Remission, but not the correct one. This is why i do not believe in sola scriptura, well atleast from uneducated people.
**EDIT EDIT EDIT::: afesiV,n couldnt find symbols to put in here, but this is what it came out {af’-es-is}

1. release from bondage or imprisonment 2) forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty **
    I would also like to state. The Acts 2:38 explains that you must repent to be forgiven. If you are already baptized, then you must just repent.

“Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” - Acts 2:38

I may be interpreting this my self, but I definitely have learned to udnerstand this to mean that you must repent for all your sins you commit to be forgiven, no matter if you are baptized already or not. This is a demand by Jesus as well to repent and be baptized to receive grace and to enter heaven.

He touched on blasphemy of the holy spirit as well.
This is nothing but denying the grace and forgiveness of God. In other words… The Unforgivable sin is the sin not asked to be forgiven, i think he refers to this as an eternal sin, but that is different.

Matthew in WEB says "anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

““Blasphemy” means “to speak mindlessly, lazily.””

This can probably be nothing but to deny the ADVOCATE which is the way God make it for us to be given grace and forgiveness then we cannot receive it.
and to deny this means you cannot receive it, therefore, i think, that is why they speak of that.
You cannot beforgiven for sins you do not accept forgiveness for.
Its simple.
This is how i understand it, i have not read the Catechism, but i understand the Protestant View of It.

This is what i believe.

Godbless
If anyone wishes to clear anything up for me, please do, I am still a learning kid…

He sure does seem very wise.
So i am going to conclude he might be a Catholic for sure.
haha just kidding.
He definitely has the holy Spirit guiding him to his wisdom, and not some false spirit or feeling someone might feel. I believe, atleast.

I agree with your opinion of his theology. However, I really loved being directed to that because the video debate that developed about this is awesome. It is a use for YouTube that I never thought of.

I really enjoy this, too. I believe this will help society evangelize and utilize.
by that i mean, its a great way to speak out.
I definitely am for this because we [humans] are physical and spiritual people, my Priest once told me, that if it werent for the great looking churches and mosaics and paintings and rosary/prayerbeads, then keeping up our spiritual life might be a lot harder.
and I thought about it and it seems to make complete sense.

:smiley:

EDIT EDIT EDIT::: afesiV,n couldnt find symbols to put in here, but this is what it came out

{af’-es-is}

1. release from bondage or imprisonment 2) forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty
    GreekBible.com?

**afesin ****

bump

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.