well Jesus gave the authority to Peter and his successors, what’s your authority ?who are you? who gave your authority?
A pastor is appointed for all Christians Peter and his successors the Pope
John 21: 15-17 - Jesus, seeing Peter, asked him three times : "Simon, Son of John, do you love me more than these?" And three times Peter answered Him: "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus told Him three times: "Feed my sheep."
- My ‘sheep’ means all the disciples of Jesus,
- Feed means look after them.
- Peter is the first pastor - Pastor for all the Christians in the world. Pope means a loving father.
- This appointment is from Jesus Himself.
What happens if one is not subject to those appointed by God?
Romans 13: 1-2 - Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God; and more authorities that exist have been instituted by God; Therefore whoever resists authority resists what God has appointed and those who resist will incur judgement.
- Since Jesus in saying "Feed my sheep" has given authority to Peter over all his sheep. All sheep belonging to Jesus should be obedient to this authority.
Samuel 15:22 - Has the Lord as great a delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the Lord?
- Surely to obey is better than sacrifice; and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
Authority given to the Church by Jesus
Mathew 16: 19 - I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
- Some misuse this authority given by Jesus. While others do not use it at all. But there are some who use this authority for the spread of the Church and God’s kingdom. Should we not be among these ones?
Jesus selected 12 disciples and gave them authority
Mathew 10:1 - Jesus summoned his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits to cast them out, and to cure every disease and every sickness.
- One must be selected by God and remain obedient to the Church; There is no truth in self-declared church and leadership.
that’s your personal authority ,you have no authority to do that. Finally Only The Catholic Church has the sole right to interpret the scriptures and to correct errors Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and over all the flock, of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God that he obtained with the blood of his own Son.