Protestant sects & Heresies

Has anyone lined up various Protestant sects with the Heresies that they frequently teach?

Heresies…against each other?

I was under the impression that the Church considers ‘Protestantism’ itself the heresy that includes the Five Solas, even if a certain Protestant person or Protestant congregation espouses other heresies on top of Protestantism. :confused:

:rolleyes:

That would be a good excersise I heard Marcus grodi say every ancient heracy is alive in well in different modern Protestant churches

I would think that the listing out of the main Protestant sects, and pairing the heresies they each ascribe to would be quite instructive, both for the followers of the particular branch of Protestantism, and for those outside, looking in, to get a grasp of the sect’s theology.
For the Protestant to see in a clear fashion a description of a heresy, why it is incorrect, coupled with the date and name of Council in which it was condemned would go a long way to getting one’s theology more orthodox, or in line with the Church’s Teaching on that matter.
I am enjoying immensely the Fr. Charles Connor series from EWTN audio library entitled: The Great Heresies. I will have to listen to the series several times & take notes to make the info handy when speaking with Protestants, but I have noticed a number of heresies held by them, and one detects even more being more familiar with the errors of each heresy.

Along with the year and name of Council that declared something a heresy, I would like to know which Early Church Father, as well as any Apostle practiced any of the doctrines and dogmas of the Catholic Church that Protestants have problems with. I’m struggling with a book outlining them going back to Clement. I really am interested in learning about that side of the history of the Church. :thumbsup:

I wouldn’t be so critical of them, the heresy precedes the protestants. Its a matter of accepting false teachings which at one time or another already existed and were addressed. They return in various forms and in thinking which is often just ignorance and not explicitly taught either. Though its also true for example such as with JWs of explicitly teaching and rejecting the Divinity of Christ. This is major and easy to see. Many heresies are very subtle and permeate thought by thought and often by an orthodox mind who is in a word, talking out of the side of their neck in ignorance. To put it as mildly as possible. We are all human and subject to human mistakes. But yes, it does deserve notice as one may be a direct attack on the Divinity of Christ, others are systematic subtle attacks which is in all reality I would suggest are temptation by thought.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=791722

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.