Protestant wedding.

My boss is getting married and as I am a support worker she has invited all the service users to attend which they will. If I am working that day I will have to support someone to her wedding as the other staff will too.

She is a protestant and so is her fiancé but she was married before and divorced. Does this mean I should not be going at all because of scandal?

Thanks.

It’s not your place to play judge and jury. You are an employee. Now, is it OK for her to expect employees to do things that clearly have nothing to do with work? No. But that wasn’t your question.
Don’t go if you don’t want to, but I don’t think it has anything to do with “scandal”.
She’s not Catholic anyway. You can’t impose your religious beliefs on anyone at the office.

Unless it is a same-sex “wedding”, you are free to go. The bride and groom are protestants and are not bound by the Catholic Church’s laws on divorce and remarriage.

Not sure the question.

If it is about attending - if someone was married and the other person was still alive now - no I would not be attending though invited (I presume the first marriage is still a marriage).

If I may offer a suggestion, you must not only remember that the vast majority of readers on this board are non-British but that the terminology “support worker” and “service user” will not be understood by American readers. This will surely leave those readers confused.

It is easy to forget how much vocabulary can differ within the same language, especially when it involves terms we use so automatically.

I thought it was God’s law!

Why if a Catholic remarries they go to hell for commiting adultery and protestants march into heaven because it isnt adultery for them?

Jesus was the one who said it not a Pope.

:shrug:

If it isn’t fine, there’s a problem because I attended both Jewish and Lutheran weddings this past year. In all serious, I think you’re fine.

The problem is not that it is a Protestant wedding, but that one of the parties is divorced. Without an annulment the parties first marriage would be considered valid and therefore the party is not free to marry.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.