Protestantism is..... pitiful :(

I pity those who believe that faith alone will guarantee your salvation. I pity those who live their lives according to one small piece of scripture. I have noticed that these poor lost souls pick the scripture that conveniences their sinfull nature. It’s almost as if they believe that once they are “saved” they have a free pass to do whatever they want and sin however they please and because they are saved they are guaranteed a ticked to heaven simply because they believe. Yes there are a few verses that lean that way and can easily be tailored to say whatever you want them to, as long as they make life easy. Right… I fear for your souls. Take this scripture you ignorant people that believe that faith alone will “save” you. It starts at Matthew 7:21… “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Do you know what an iniquity is? It is an unjust act. If I had a dollar for every protestant who told me they were “saved” and were guaranteed a place in heaven on the day of their death, then went home and committed what us “stupid catholics” consider a mortal sin, I would have a lot of dollars. A LOT. 1Co 6:9 “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.” I know a lot of “saved” protestants that practice a lot of these horrible lifestyles. I know a lot of catholics who do as well. I want to know what the heck people are thinking. How did it come to this? How did everyone become so deceived. Catholics have it tough but protestants apparantly are screwing themselves. Mat 16:18 “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Get an ALMANAC you ignorant protestants. Or an encycolpedia. You can literally trace the lineage of all the popes ALL THE WAY TO PETER! From the pope we have now all the way back to that guy Jesus said he would build HIS church. Not Martin Luthers… Not Bob the baptist. Not Methead the methodist. Peter the pope, the rock, the foundation for the ONE AND ONLY church that Jesus himself gave us in order to continue the apostolic ministry. It is an apostle’s job to minister to the saints. “Paul said that” Only the saints go STRAIGHT to heaven because to be a saint you have to do the will of God in it’s entirity. “Jesus said that” Everyone else has to wait until the last day or until all of your sins have been consumed by fire.
As for confessing to a priest… Jesus said to do it! Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained." The catholic church is a continuance of the apostolic ministry. DUH! Jesus gave the apostles the authority to forgive sins. Obviously. Look at the gospel. How did you protestants miss that part? It’s in the same book as John 3:16… OH i forgot those apostles are all dead… my bad. Are you calling Jesus a fool? Don’t you think he had enough common sense to know that men will sin until the end of time? Yes he did, so why should the ministry of forgiveness of sins stop with the death of the last apostle? It shouldn’t! That’s why he created the catholic church! To continue that ministry. From Peter to Benedict we are the same church with the same ministry. To withstand the gates of hell. The catholic church will withstand the gates of hell. What does PROTESTant mean? You are protesting that very church! Good luck protestants. You apparantly need it. I will pray for you everyday hoping that Jesus will overlook your ignorance when he comes back to raise the dead. If you wanted to help yourselves out you could embrace his church rather than… PROTEST

Rebuke in love brother. At the end of the day it is the Holy Spirit who converts the hearts of men. all we can do is pray for those who do not know the truth, and also pray for ourselves that we do not backslide…

The Peace of the Lord be with you…

Sadly, this is what some Catholics and non-Catholics believe the Church teaches. If interested, those that believe this may want to study some history on Pelagius and Pelagianism.

I do not agree with the OP in style of delivery, there are other ways to explain and defend the Faith. We all need each other’s prayers to battle the true enemy. Have a nice weekend.

Peace,
Graubo

Protestants worship two idols, one which is called the Bible, and the other is called their individual conscience. They reject the conscience of the Church fathers as the conscience of the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Holy Trinity.

It is irony that these Protestants despite their own worshipping idols, accuse us, Catholics of worshiping St Mary!

Paragraphs Please? I could only get through 3 sentences before my eyes started to hurt…

The Conscience of the Church Fathers = The Conscience of the Holy Spirit?

WAT?

I vote one of the worst Catholic posts ever :cool:
And who exactly is methead the Methodist? :smiley:

I can’t believe the name of this thread and I shouldn’t have been attracted to it really, but…
I thought that I was a biggort! :eek: But it seems that there are people worse than me! :stuck_out_tongue: lol

xxx zundrah xxx

I can understand a Protestant using Ephesians 2:8-9 for Sola Fide, but John 3:16? It horribly rejects it.

Please don’t use such an uncharitable title for a discussion about religious differences. :slight_smile:
These are our fellow Christians, and whatever differences, they are living the gospel as it they sincerely see it. If we aren’t charitable in the way we speak of Christians who don’t share our beliefs, we’re failing in our own beliefs.

I’m a cradle Catholic to whom the Church means a great deal, but do feel ashamed to see a fellow Catholic insulting those who sincerely dissent. Those who live the gospel of love sincerely according to their understanding, are most certainly not ‘pitiful’. Sure you said that Protestantism, rather than Protestants are pitiful, but nevertheless it is insulting.

If a Protestant said, Catholicism is pitiful, would you not feel insulted? :slight_smile:

Jesus’ comments on love are most clearly underlined in Matthew 25 verses 31-46, when He spoke of how and upon what criteria He will use to judge souls, with not one mention of who is right and who is wrong, but only who is charitable and who is not.
If I were Protestant I would be most offended by your title.
A more respectful and more objective title would have still encouraged worthwhile debate, but without insult

:clapping:

Well said, Trishie!

I myself dont agree with the tone of the post either.

I have to say though that not all protestants have a full understanding of the truth that is the catholic church; I for one was one of them, having never even met a Catholic till I was about 24, and i’m just 26 now.

If you want to reach the protestant people you must confront with love instead of anger and condemnation. When you come across with the tone used all your going to get in return is hostility in defence of their own position.

And yes, do pray for thier conversion.:slight_smile:

God bless,
Jesse

This is exactly what I thought but I’m sure he didn’t mean it that way… (or did he?) :stuck_out_tongue:

Sometimes I wonder if there is much difference in practice between those who believe OSAS and those who believe we don’t know for sure until we come before God after death. I’ve heard that some say about Catholics that we can sin all we want and then go to confession and some say about those who believe OSAS that they think they can sin all they want because they are saved. But in both cases, those who love God try not to sin and they repent when they do sin, and they both trust in God’s mercy.

Never heard of this one before! Anyhows pity is a strong emotion and protestants should be thankfull for your care for our salvation!

What a lovely thread: lots of incorrect information, lots of anti-Protestant bigotry, and lots of generalizations that are not true of all Protestants.

In the midst of complaints about the defamation of Catholics, it seems there are plenty of anti-Protestants to go around, too. I don’t think anyone is immune to discrimination.

Or ignorance.

I hope the mods leave this post up. It speaks for itself.

Why hasn’t this thread been closed?

How can this be allowed?

What would happen to me if I came in here and did this sort of posting towards Catholics? Calling them ignorant? Pointing at them and decrying them sinners because I merely suspect it of them?

I am a new guy posting here with all sorts of questions about why this and why that in trying to understand the Catholic walk with Christ. If the Body and Blood of Christ are consumed by the OP, how can he be filled with such an attitude as displayed here? Where is the fruit from these graces of the Eucharist that the Catholics boldly claim to hold the patent on? If it is so encompassing to every Christian to receive the Eucharist as defined by the Roman Catholic Church, then why doesn’t it bring about good fruit? Show me love and I show you Christ. Where is He in the OP?

The most belligerent, prideful, and arrogant people I know are daily communicants in the Catholic Church. I can’t paint with a broad brush, but I can see what I see and I have my own experiences to draw from. What divine graces are derived from confessing to a priest if the person who has sinned against his brother doesn’t go to the brother he’s sinned against and provide reconciliation to him directly?

Why are some Protestants not Catholic? Because we see the fruit. And we don’t want any part of it.

I was trying to compose a response when I read this.

Says it all really.

God Bless you my fellow Christian :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.