Protestants against faith with reason?

Hi All,
I’m doing a project on the connection between faith and reason for a theology class and I’m trying to find some of the fabled Protestant leaders who claim that reason has no place in faith. To be clear, I am NOT looking for any Reformers or anyone who isn’t really within, say, the past 50 years. I need some modern fundamentalist names! Thanks!

What turned up in Google?

As far as I know many modern Protestant fundamentalists actually refer to God-given reason and creation science…

If you mean justifying faith, that is the universally held view of all modern Protestant leaders who uphold the doctrine of Sola Fide. For example, Lutherans are taught in their catechism, “I cannot by my own reason or strength believe in Jesus Christ.”

:hmmm: I thought mystics tended to make that claim. A little bit of searching got me Tertullian and St. Bernard, http://smileydatabase.com/s/190.gif but that’s not what you’re looking for.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.