Protestants and the Eucharist....

Sorry if this is a duplicate message, my server crashed as I was posting: A Christian non-Catholic co-worker who attended a Mass with me has expressed sorrow that he was not allowed to receive Communion. I understand this to be God’s way of calling him to the Paschal Banquet through conversion. But what is a delicate and loving way that I can explain to him why non-Catholics are instructed not to receive the Eucharist? Suggestions? If this has been previously discussed could you guys please point me in the right direction? Thanks a bunch!!!

:hmmm:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=18238&highlight=arwen

This thread has alot of discussion about it.

[quote=wisdom 3:5]forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=18238&highlight=arwen

This thread has alot of discussion about it.
[/quote]

That’s VERY helpful. Thanks a bunch!!!

[quote=sweetchuck]Sorry if this is a duplicate message, my server crashed as I was posting: A Christian non-Catholic co-worker who attended a Mass with me has expressed sorrow that he was not allowed to receive Communion. I understand this to be God’s way of calling him to the Paschal Banquet through conversion. But what is a delicate and loving way that I can explain to him why non-Catholics are instructed not to receive the Eucharist? Suggestions? If this has been previously discussed could you guys please point me in the right direction? Thanks a bunch!!!

:hmmm:
[/quote]

One cannot receive Communion , unless one is in communion with Christ and His Church. To receive Christ whole and complete, but not willing to receive all that Christ taught are incompatable with one another.

[quote=Br. Rich SFO]One cannot receive Communion , unless one is in communion with Christ and His Church. To receive Christ whole and complete, but not willing to receive all that Christ taught are incompatable with one another.
[/quote]

It’s also important that the person understand that they are in fact receiving the real Jesus and not just a symbol.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.