Protestants: Can you please help us???

Calling all non-Catholic Christians (especially evangelical and “spirit-filled believers”)!!!

The Church needs you!! You were supposed to be the Catholics–the ones God called-- to do the evangelizing, the ones God called before the beginning of time to hold the rest of His Church accountable to scripture, to show the full ministery of the Holy Spirit….

You were deceived (as I almost was)… Instead of remaining one in mind and spirit, you broke away, became your own “bodies” apart from the ONE Body, and now struggle to make yourselves (your individual churches) unique from each other in order to grow your individual flocks…
in essence competing with each other for the rewards God promised…

Please consider this, fellow brothers and sisters, the real enemy is not the fellow believer who differs in certain practices and beliefs, rather the real enemy is the world ruled by the evil one, which seeks to devour every last one of us, dragging us away from the true vine which will bring holiness and life, sending us to our eternal deaths…

Please, we beg you, come back to the ONE CHURCH, the ONE BODY of Christ, so that we can work together to straighten out the BILLION plus believers who are in danger of loosing their way without you!!!

Anyone willing to try with me before it’s too late???

Consider Jesus’ last prayer before departing from His earthly body:
FATHER, MAY THEY BE ONE SO THAT THE WORLD MAY KNOW YOU SENT ME…

What happens to me if I don’t want to be Catholic?

Well, this is what I tell Protestants in discussions- we are not enemies. The real enemies are secularism, moral relativism, and materialism, masquerading as truth. These are the tactics of the devil indeed, and they are currently succeeding among the bulk of humanity.

Do you believe America should become a Christian theocracy? As a Christian, I embrace that America is a country of separation of church and state. I believe a secular goverment is a good thing, yet God is still in control of our secular government (Rom 13).

Thanks, but no thanks. :slight_smile: I have my reasons, which I will not go into on a Catholic forum.

Jala

Same here. Thanks, but no. I've given my reasons, and I have
a clear conscious before God.

[quote="batman1973, post:6, topic:306102"]
Same here. Thanks, but no. I've given my reasons, and I have
a clear conscious before God.

[/quote]

Do you mind sharing your reasons again? I don't remember reading them.

WE WILL SMITE YOU…

with prayer, truth, and charity.

Thank God will no longer live in the 16th century in which Protestant and Catholics killed each other in the name of our God. I’m safe behind my computer. An attempt for Christian unity can be dangerous :).

[quote="may_they_be_one, post:1, topic:306102"]
...to straighten out the BILLION plus believers who are in danger of loosing their way without you!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

So why is it my responsibility to "straighten out" a BILLION plus believers? Why shouldn't the Catholic Church be taking this on?

I would think this is why we have free will. To choose what we feel is right.

=may_they_be_one;10057022]Calling all non-Catholic Christians (especially evangelical and “spirit-filled believers”)!!!

The Church needs you!! You were supposed to be the Catholics–the ones God called-- to do the evangelizing, the ones God called before the beginning of time to hold the rest of His Church accountable to scripture, to show the full ministery of the Holy Spirit….

Thanks.

You were deceived (as I almost was)… Instead of remaining one in mind and spirit, you broke away, became your own “bodies” apart from the ONE Body, and now struggle to make yourselves (your individual churches) unique from each other in order to grow your individual flocks…
in essence competing with each other for the rewards God promised…

I think you’ll find that few “broke away”, but were instead raised in the communion they are now in.

Please consider this, fellow brothers and sisters, the real enemy is not the fellow believer who differs in certain practices and beliefs, rather the real enemy is the world ruled by the evil one, which seeks to devour every last one of us, dragging us away from the true vine which will bring holiness and life, sending us to our eternal deaths…

:thumbsup:

Please, we beg you, come back to the ONE CHURCH, the ONE BODY of Christ, so that we can work together to straighten out the BILLION plus believers who are in danger of loosing their way without you!!!

The honest answer is this will take time. But working together is not out of the question. For example, the number of communions, including mine, that have stood shoulder to shoulder with the Catholic bishops against the HHS mandate. This is how unity grows, by working together prayerfully, and more clearly seeing the Holy Spirit in each other.

Anyone willing to try with me before it’s too late???

Let’s start by praying together that…

Consider Jesus’ last prayer before departing from His earthly body:
FATHER, MAY THEY BE ONE SO THAT THE WORLD MAY KNOW YOU SENT ME…

…this may someday happen.

Jon

Agree with you 110 percent. :thumbsup:

You are right on!

You will be a Protestant!

Hi, I am just kidding. I am sure the Lord will still love you. :slight_smile:

Dear Christian Unity,

Your moniker and your presence here speak volume.
If you say that you are a protestant, you owe it to yourself to ask the question “why”. And then ask yourself if your reasons are sufficient.

You are on a Catholic forum which treats you very well. I do not receive the same degree of understanding and CHRITIAN CHARITY when I visit a protestant forum.

When I go there, I and my faith are constantly insulted, abused and slandered in most vile terms. I imagine that you have seen enough of that yourself when you visit those forums. Maybe this says something about the differences between the Catholic church and its protestant offshoots?

Prayer leads to discernment.

[quote="Reuben_J, post:15, topic:306102"]
You will be a Protestant!

Hi, I am just kidding. I am sure the Lord will still love you. :)

[/quote]

;)

That's an interesting point. Does someone automatically become a Protestant because they are not Catholic? Some non-Catholic Christians believe that their denomination had no ties with the Protestant Reformation. Personally, I am not protesting against the Catholic way of salvation through the seven sacraments. I'm okay with it if it enables you to love God and love your fellow man in growing capacity. I say live and let live it works in fulfilling the two greatest commandments according to Jesus.

Nice post my friend. I agree, as a whole, Catholics on here are wonderful siblings in Christ. Sometimes Protestant Forum sites are contaminated by conservative fundamentalism which operates on fear, resulting in hate. I believe conservative right wing Fundamentalism has left the glorious gospel of God in a way, and have been overly focused on political social issues over the gospel. Protestant Fundamentalism just needs to return to the gospel as their main focus, and until they realize that, it is not the best Christian circle to be part of.

Amen!

It is because we believe that that we make every effort in our church to honour, bless and work with our fellow Christians. We do things our way, but it is *our/] way, not THE way. We believe that, like you, we are already, as baptised and practicing believers, members of Christ’s mystical Body on earth. We don’t believe that having different practices, doctrinal positions or earthly leadership separates believers on the spiritual level.

Clearly the Catholic church is the most historically ancient, and therefore worthy of her place as our Elder Sister church. We just think that younger sisters also have their unique calling and place in the Family of God… ;)*

I’d Like to add to the O.P. , I understand and appreciate the sincerity of your post so I hope you’re not terribly offended that I say no. I certainly do not view the Catholics or the Catholic Church as my enemy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.