Protestants continue to divorce the Church and Jesus. "I do not need the Church, all I need is the Jesus Christ."

A username BibleAnswer wrote this:

This verse is severly misinterpreted. No where does this say anything about a congregation or a church. The assembly of ONE SELF is you and the bible. If you forsake the assembly of yourself then you will not be prepared for the end, judgment, because no church wants to preach judgment like its real or going to happen. Already this is a wrong path.

1 Peter 4:17 says, “For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God?”

this is spread all throught the bible. There are more that tell us the established temple or in otherwords church, will have the most sever punishment because they are teaching unsound doctrine. Gods judgment begins at His house as we learn in the parable of the wheat and tares.

the wheat are the true believers, the tares are those who believe they are saved yet are not. Nobody can discern who is who except the LORD who can read any heart. Gods true church will not have any tares in it, that is, people that spread misinformation, wether by mistake or on purpose for there own greed, by serving MAMMON. The tares will have it the worst because they had the bible, Gods word, and chose to disobey his commands. This is why they are under gods wrath and why it starts at the church

that is why i said any church, all churches from A-Z will be under gods judgment first, because it is in a church where Satan is now seated, the tares. All churches. Everysingle one of them.

the only remaining church where satan does not rule, would be the spiritual church, the wheat.

Sounds like he have a problem with the Church in general. I don’t know if the majority of you Protestants believe in separating the Bride and Jesus, but I have seen this more often and frankly, Divorcing the Church and Jesus is getting stupid. It is also downright heresy.

What authority do you have to divide the Church and Jesus, and justify, your claims, "I DO NOT NEED THE CHURCH, ALL I NEED IS JESUS or “I do not need the Church, all I got is the Bible, the Word of God.”

The Bible is a collection of Books. While it is the word of God, it isn’t one who saves us. The Early Christians did not have the complete Bible and most of what they heard about Jesus was from the ORAL PREACHING from the Apostles’ mouth. Second, they are also confused. Protestants often say the Bible is the Word of God, while Catholics claim, “The Word of God is Jesus. The Word made flesh” (Catholics tend to use this more than Protestants).

Just stop this stupid heresy. You got no right to DIVORCE Jesus and His Church.

The Church can never be apart from Jesus Christ. If you truly believe this.

Then how do explain yourself these questions.

1. Jesus is the Head of the Church. Since you decide to continue to believe in separate Christ and the Church, what happen to the head?

2. What happened to Jesus Christ promised that the gates of hell shall not prevail against it? Did it disappear and when? What historical proof text do you have, and what Scripture proof text do you believe that Church will break away?

3. If you truly believe you do not need the Church, and you believe in the Bible, and the Bible does say that the Bride of Christ is the Church. Do you realized you contradict you own statement? You expect the Apostolic Churches of Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy to fall into this foolish heresy?

Go ahead try to answer this, if you do not need the Church. If you do, you are hypocrite because the Bible itself never taught that Jesus will abandon his Church.

You cannot seperate Jesus and His Body :slight_smile:

And Protestants make up much of His Body.

The Church is His Body. Protestants don’t want any part of it. That’s probably why they abhor the Eucharist… They can’t bring themselves to say “This is my body” and mean it in a real way.

and they abuse his Body by continueously preachings falsehood of Catholicism, and calling Catholics not Christians.

Of course we need the Holy catholic Church. All those who God has called unto Himself are in the Church. It is God’s vessel of salvation for all who come to a saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus can not be “divorced” from the Church because the Church is His bride.

Not as much as you think.

What do you mean by that?

Protestants don’t make up the majority of Christians compared with the Catholics, who make up the majority of Christians.

That is true. But, why all the bitterness towards Protestants?

No bitterness, just correcting him.

I don’t know if the majority of you Protestants believe in separating the Bride and Jesus, but I have seen this more often and frankly, Divorcing the Church and Jesus is getting stupid.

I disagree with the quote from BibleAnswer, and as far as I know, the majority of protestants do too.

May I be so bold as to ask why you don’t point BibleAnswer to this thread - surely it’s him you’re trying to talk to, and what’s more, then he can defend his views.

Also, Paul3144, may I ask what “It is God’s vessel of salvation for all who come to a saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ” means, and where it comes from - not that I think you’re wrong, actually you ‘sound’ like you are right. Just that it quite struck me, but I don’t know what you mean.

I have found that when someone attempts to tell others what they believe, that person is usually wrong, just as you are here, Charlie.
I love the Eucharist. It is one of the means of grace - sanctifying grace - that Christ gave us.
It is through the Church that we find His grace through word and sacrament.

Jon

If the Church is they Mystical Body of Christ, under Himself as the head…

What happens when you separate a head from a body?

As I’ve pointed out to some people, imagine this scenario:

Someone goes to King David and says, “King David, I want to have a personal relationship with you as my personal king, but I don’t want to have anything to do with your kingdom.”

This is a good one. I was actually thinking you were going to go in another direction.

My thoughts were, “If you wanted to have a personal relationship with someone, but only wanted their head and tried to separate it from it’s body … all you have is the head.” Leads to images from horror movies to be sure. :whacky:

And Catholics bring condemnation on themselves by not percieving that Protestants are part o His Body.

The Mystical Body of Christ in a large sense embraces all mankind, because Christ died for the salvation of all; but in a strict sense it is the Church, which man enters through baptism, to be ingrafted onto Christ and thus to participate in the supernatural life, which flows from the Head into the members by the action of the Holy Spirit, who is the soul of the Mystical Body.

As a long time reader of this forum, it is my experience that Manny gets worked up at times. I think youtube has got him fired up lately:D

Actually, Hisalone, the Catholic Church does recognize us as part of the Church, in communion though in an imperfact way. One example of this is in their Catechism:

"However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers . . . . All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church."272

Originally Posted by Mannyfit75
and they abuse his Body by continueously preachings falsehood of Catholicism, and calling Catholics not Christians.

The very separation between us is a wound to His Body, and to the ministry of the Church.
According to the jount Catholic-Lutheran Document, The Church as Koinonia of Salvation: Its Structures and Ministries:

1. We recommend a mutual recognition that:

our ordained ministries are wounded because the absence of full communion between our ecclesial traditions makes it impossible for them adequately to represent and foster the unity and catholicity of the church; and

our communities are wounded by their lack of the full catholicity to which they are called and by their inability to provide a common witness to the gospel.

usccb.org/seia/koinonia.shtml
Condemnations of each other, denials of the Christianity of each other, only serve to harden our hearts against each other, and to feed the true wound to Christ’s Body, His Church, our schism and separation.

Jon

Sounds like more anti-Protestant rhetoric to me. You should spend more time on trying to figure out why so many Catholics are separating and not living up to their vows whether they divorce or not. Annulment after 30 years of marriage and 12 kids is a joke to anyone with any common sence Catholic or not. Throwing around garbage at Protestants does nothing to clean up your own act. Try again.:confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.