Protestants,do you also make"the word of God of none effect through your tradition

“The believer stands before God on the footing of one"Christ-“who has rendered by proxy,a perfect obedience to the law under the legal covenant”…“Although true believers be not under the law as a covenant of works”…(but)” as a rule of life informing them of the will of God and their duty,it directs and binds them to walk accordingly “WESTMINSTER CONFESSiONXIXvi
According to the book:“Westminster Confession Exploded"and I believe also to be,contrary to the Word of God: to say that it is Christ’s righteousness( a term never once used in scripture;only that we are brought by the” faith of Jesus Christ” “unto the righteousness of God” Rom3:21.)we are brought to (by proxy) and that by his obedience to the law on our behalf it is Imputed to believers,would render Christ’s death unnecessary,because we are justified by the law or Christ keeping it for us.Not only so,but this “confession” goes on to mutilate the law by removing the penalties for breaking it;and then binds all believers to it as “rule of life”.Something the “reformers” never once taught ! Gal2:21"I do not frustrate the grace of God:for if righteousness come by law"(even through Christ)“then Christ is dead in vain"Gal5:4"Christ is become of no effect unto you,whosoever of you are justified by law,”(including Christ keeping it for you)“ye are fallen from grace” Bernard Lyons.

“The believer stands before God on the footing of one"Christ-“who has rendered by proxy,a perfect obedience to the law under the legal covenant”…“Although true believers be not under the law as a covenant of works”…(but)” as a rule of life informing them of the will of God and their duty,it directs and binds them to walk accordingly “WESTMINSTER CONFESSiONXIXvi
According to the book:“Westminster Confession Exploded"and I believe also to be,contrary to the Word of God: to say that it is Christ’s righteousness( a term never once used in scripture;only that we are brought by the” faith of Jesus Christ” “unto the righteousness of God” Rom3:21.)we are brought to (by proxy) and that by his obedience to the law on our behalf it is Imputed to believers,would render Christ’s death unnecessary,because we are justified by the law or Christ keeping it for us.Not only so,but this “confession” goes on to mutilate the law by removing the penalties for breaking it;and then binds all believers to it as “rule of life”.Something the “reformers” never once taught ! Gal2:21"I do not frustrate the grace of God:for if righteousness come by law"(even through Christ)“then Christ is dead in vain"Gal5:4"Christ is become of no effect unto you,whosoever of you are justified by law,”(including Christ keeping it for you)“ye are fallen from grace” Bernard Lyons.

I am a little confused by your thread. Did you want to just say this aloud and the only form of communication available was on this forum? Or did you want someone to explain the view through the lens of the WMCF

I’m completely lost by the OP’s post.

When I first read this post last night, I attempted to respond. However, I stopped because I needed more clarity on what exactly the OP was finding problematic.

Protestant Tradition definitely make portions of
the Bible that apply much significance to Mary
and other parts talking about Purgatory as be–
ing of no effect.

I think you mean that protestant interpretations put significance on different phrases and/or they combine verses differently. I do not think a lot of protestants would use the words “protestant tradition”. Purgatory is a little different because we do not accept whatever book it is in as being a part of cannon.

Fair, “protestant tradition” is my word for them.
As for Purgatory, you’re wrong. Both Catholic
and Protestant \Bibles talk about Purgatory.
Protestants just hate to accept that.

[quote=Judas Thaddeus;11535530As for Purgatory, you’re wrong.
[/QUOTE]

I do not think you know me, Hi my name is Mark. First thing you will need to know about me is I like to see the sources or at least tell me the references or link them.
[/quote]

I recommend to you this link:
scripturecatholic.com/purgatory.html

I think we can agree that we disagree about how these passages should be interpreted. I do not want you to take this the wrong way, but the RCC interprets the bible much the jehovahs witnesses

No, I am pretty sure that the Holy Spirit was actually
there guid-ing the Church the whole time, don’t you?
I believe the Roman Catholic Church is right in how
to interpret the Bible. In what way do you compare
the RCC to the JW in this respect?
[RIGHT]ADDED:
And it’s just like I said. Catholic Church
interprets the Bible one way first, come
then the Protestants saying, “Nay, I like
my own *private interpretation *better-er.”
(2 Peter 1:20)
[/RIGHT]

You both do a lot of bouncing around to make interpretations make sense. The conclusion that are made about interpretations would never have been gotten by just reading the bible. I own a few dictionaries and interlinear bibles and lexicons, amount many other reference materials. The one that seemed plausible was 1 Cor 15:29 from your link I stopped three after that.

“Bouncing”? How so?

Well that’s why we don’t just let ANYBODY read the Bible AND have them
come to their own conclusions. The Church has carefully studied the Bible
and with the help of the Holy Spirit, came up with the correct interpretation
and doctrines. Consider what Peter says:As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be
understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their
own destruction.
– (2 Peter 3:16)

Wow, really, you just read that one verse and discounted everything else?
Oy Vey.
There are dozens of other passages, which the Church took the time to
check out, analyze, and come to very sound conclusions, again by the
Holy Spirit guiding the Church.

Look at the link and what I said. I read 9. Which is 3 past the one I thought was plausible. I’m glad I am not just anybody.

Okay, my mistake, misread, but did you read all of it?
[RIGHT]ADDED:
And how is it that you can’t come
to the conclusion that Purgatory
is real based on all those verses?
[/RIGHT]

I also had a difficult time reading the post, but I think the OP’s main point was that the (not universal) Protestant teaching that jusitification cosists solely in the imputation of Christs’s perfect active obedience to sinners is contrary to the word of God. I would agree with that assessment since I see the Bible saying that justification is by grace and not by works. Another verse I would add to OP’s is Romans 4:2: “2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.” The sense that Protestants traditionally interpret this (e.g. Calvin himself) is that Paul is saying that Abraham did not have works to glory in before God, but this seems not to be the plain meaning of the text. Rather, the text seems to say that Abraham, even if here completely just according to his works, would not have any reason for boasting for God because all the good works in the world apart from grace cannot merit an eternal reward.

Another concern he brought up is Calvinistic belief that our obedience to the law of God is only a sign of salvation and not necessary for salvation. I think…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.