Protestants, Doesn't all the interpretations of the Word of God say enought?

Protestants, Doesn’t all the interpretations of the Word of God say enought?

This is an all-friendly:yup: question/thread.

…with respect to Protestants and Catholics:extrahappy:

If you truly believe you know the truth, well that’s fine.

I’m sorry to say Jesus instituted the Catholic Church. Doesn’t all the interpretations of God’s Word say enough? Surely out of all those interpretations of the same concepts, such as Salvation, many must be incorrect. I don’t believe it would be God’s will to have so many misinterpretations of His Word.

Protestants, Doesn’t all the interpretations of the Word of God say enought?

This is an all-friendly:yup: question/thread.

…with respect to Protestants and Catholics:extrahappy:

If you truly believe you know the truth, well that’s fine.

I’m sorry to say Jesus instituted the Catholic Church. Doesn’t all the interpretations of God’s Word say enough? Surely out of all those interpretations of the same concepts, such as Salvation, many must be incorrect. I don’t believe it would be God’s will to have so many misinterpretations of His Word.

I don’t understand this question. ? If you mean that individual people make interpretations based on how they read the words-- then you could say that people come to differing conclusions based on how they understand words. People will read Moby **** and say its a nice story about a big whale, and nearly everyone dies trying to kill it. thats true; but there are other meanings. same with scripture. God created us with free will, so we don’t really interpret His Word exactly the same. Hence, arguments; hence, battles. Hence, this website. Lets talk.

What’s to be sorry about? I’m proud to say Jesus instituted the Catholic Church. :thumbsup:

I think he was actually being an apologist:D :thumbsup: :smiley:

There are way to few friendly posts here - from all sides :slight_smile:

The problem as I see it is this:

IF it is true that Jesus instituted the Roman church (I do not put any derogatory meaning in this - but I do not accept Rome’s claim to be identical to the “Catholic” church - long story!), then I could see some of the points you guys are trying to make.
And IF Jesus spoke to Peter literally and not of his confession…and IF this authority could then be handed down through the generations…and IF the popes are infallible…and IF…see my point?
There’s a lot of IFs here - and I have yet to see anything Scriptural that backs up these “IFs”.

It is true that we have the tradition, but it must at all times be subordinate to Scripture. If anything in tradition (and I believe that there is a whole multitude of things in the Roman tradition that fits this) is contrary to the teachings of Scripture - then the tradition is wrong.

I often find that Roman apologetics is marked by circular reasoning, and I think that it is a pity - because there ARE good theologians in the Roman church, and one of them is even pope today. But that observation does not prevent me from saying that many of the teachings these good theologians teach are unscriptural.

IF i wake up on time and IF my cloths are clean and IF my car has Gas and IF my car will crank and IF there is no traffic in the way and IF…

Based on the same logic, due to the shear number of ‘Ifs’ i should never be able to make it to work on time…

But I Do…

Just because you put an IF in front of a fact does not make that fact less true

In Christ

The use of the word IF in a statement could bring certainty or remove certainty about what follows.

An example of certainty might be if you should use it this way: “IF God is Holy and True,…”; then you are using the word IF to prove certainty about whatever you say.

In your example, the IF brings possible uncertainty into the picture of what follows.

You will not necessarily get to work on time, IF the traffic is completely jammmed and IF you need to drive 100 miles and IF there is no other way to get there on time.

the point of what I am trying to say is simply that there are a lot of IFs in everything we do, in everything that exists… simply going through and saying that because there are a lot of Ifs doesn’t necessarily follow that it is untrue…

The same exact logic in the same since could be used this way…

IF scripture is true and IF the bible writers did not fabricate and IF he really did rise from the dead and IF he really was the son of God and IF there is even a god,… and IF…

here again, using that logic, I could very easily say that Christianity is false…

Many if not ALL of these IFs are hard to over come for non-christians so simply saying those are easy to refute does not follow…

IN Other wods, using Luthers own logic, I could say Christianity is false…

Simply pointing out a flaw in an argument…
(as a note, I generally respect LutherenDK’s responses as they never seem to be one that errs on the side of emotion but rather thought out from his POV)

In Christ

I differ on the belief that Jesus instituted the Catholic church. If He did, how comes that:

1. the pope took up the title Pontiff that was for Roman Emperors?
  2. the headquarter of Catholic Church was built next to the capital City of Roman Empire which formally persecuted the same catholic church?
  3. the Roman & Greek paganism easily disappeared without trace
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.