Protestants listen up

You know as a kid my dad always said go to the Blessed Mother. She know’s pain, She saw her son hung on a cross. No one has sufferered like the Blessed Mother.

As A Mother every day those words come to life for me.

Go to her. She does not have the Power of Christ but she has the love of Christ to help you.

She is the MOTHER of GOD. Do you not believe that she can help you. Please quit the nonsense of saying she can’t do this or that.

GOD picked her. Give her your pain. give her your problems. And believe if God could have called on her to take the pain of seeing her son suffer, she can help you also.

Go to your Mother she is the Mother that is perfect. Try it . I swear to you she can help you.

What Son or daughter who loves their Mother can refuse her. Don’t you think Jesus is the same!

Trust her! God gave her to you as he was hanging on the Cross. Trust her, as God trusted her!

I agree with you! The Blessed Mother can indeed bring us closer to Christ and hence salvation, and devotion to her is certainly of benefit. I’ve heard many Protestants say something to the account of ‘why would a mother want attention to be cast on her rather than her son?’ Well, why wouldn’t a son want his parents to be honored as well? I look forward to seeing some replies from Protestants, but I have seen for myself that Mary can be, as someone said, alot like our ‘spiritual mother’.

:amen:

Listen up…:slight_smile:

God has never failed me and is always available to hear my prayers. AMEN!

"Is there anyone among you who, if your child asks for bread, will give a stone? Or if the child asks for a fish, will give a snake? If you, then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him?"
Mathew 7:9-11

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words."
Romans 8:26

God Bless!

a friend once asked my wife why she prayed to our Blessed Mother. she replied that because she knew Jesus was busy working with me.:eek:
Praise be to Jesus.

:aok:
I absolutely agree! Please watch this video, better in High Quality! I hope it touches at least one protestant, if not many!

You gave me a good giggle this morning! Thanks!:thumbsup:

God Bless!

now i understand why mother Mary was full of Grace. without she could not have barried the suffers of her Son. no mother could.

**"Let us note that the very tradition, teaching, and faith of the
Catholic Church from the beginning, which the Lord gave, was preached
by the Apostles, and was preserved by the Fathers. On this was the Church founded;
and if anyone departs from this, he neither is nor any longer ought to be called a Christian."
St. Athanasius, Letter to Serapion of Thmuis, 359 A.D… **

Not what Scripture says.

Again, Christ is my hope and my Salvation. Nobody parallels the name which is above all others.

Protestants, read this article:
Protestant Mary
[

BOB ABERNETHY, anchor: From Christmas cards to carols and crèches, this is the season when the Virgin Mary seems to be everywhere. Traditionally, Protestants haven’t paid much attention to Mary beyond Christmas celebrations. But that seems to be changing. More and more Protestants are urging a fresh look at the role of Mary in the life of the church and the formation of faith. Kim Lawton has our special report.

KIM LAWTON: It’s the time of year when the Virgin Mary gets the spotlight in the annual retelling of the Christmas story.

PAGEANT NARRATOR: And Mary brought forth her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in a manger. …

LAWTON: It’s often been the only time when Protestants devote attention to Mary.
Professor TIMOTHY GEORGE (Beeson Divinity School): About the only place that Mary made any special appearance in our tradition was at the Christmas pageant. She made an appearance on stage at the Christmas pageant, and then she exited just as quickly, and we never heard from her again.

LAWTON: Timothy George is a Southern Baptist and dean of the evangelical Beeson Divinity School in Birmingham, Alabama. He says Protestants haven’t traditionally focused on Mary largely because of their concern about the level of reverence that many Roman Catholics and Orthodox Christians give to her.

Prof. GEORGE: There was a strong reaction against Marian piety and Marian devotion, because it was seen to be very excessive. It was seen to be competitive with Christ and, in some ways, even idolatrous. Mary was exalted so high[ly] that she displaced Christ. And so Protestants have generally reacted against that. Perhaps we have gone to the other extreme.

LAWTON: George is one of a growing number of theologians and writers urging evangelicals and other Protestants to stop ignoring Mary.

Prof. GEORGE: Martin Luther had a very high view of Mary and a loving devotion to Mary, in a way. He refers to her as the place where God did his handiwork on earth. I would like Protestants today, evangelicals today, to go back to the reformers. I don’t think we have to become Roman Catholics or Eastern Orthodox believers to recover a truly Protestant, reformational, scriptural understanding of Mary.

](“http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/week816/cover.html”)Click on the quoted text to read more on the article.

You fail to recognize that Luther did not continue with the Tiltes given to Mary by the Catholic church such as Queen of Heaven and mediatrix. Honoring is one thing, boderline worship and blasphemy against our Lord is something totally different and horrific.

Amen, and I pray she is there at my death as she was with Jesus death at the foot of the cross praying for me, so I honor her in life as the heavenly angel did, Elizabeth and Jesus did in eternity by assuming her body and soul into heaven; Hail Mary full of Grace; pray for us sinners now and at the HOUR of our death; for whom Luke’s Gospel proclaims you as blessed are you among woman and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus and that ALL ages will call you blessed. For we are your children who obey God’s commands and give witness and testimony of your son Jesus Christ, when you whisper from scripture to us; “Do whatever he (Jesus) tells you”, thank you blessed Mother, Amen.

Peace be with you

Did Luther claim Catholics worship Mary (as a demi-goddess)? If he did, he was just as ignorant as modern day fundamentalists.

I think, at least in some circles, this is happening.

post by cathopologist
Did Luther claim Catholics worship Mary (as a demi-goddess)? If he did, he was just as ignorant as modern day fundamentalists.

The fact is there were Catholics, at that time, who were. Some who did turn it into marialotry. That’s not to say the Church did, however. This is the ongoing concern for even those of us who hold Mary in high esteem. Theotokos, Mother of God, ever virgin, all acceptable terms for the Blessed Virgin. Mediatrix, and co-redemptrix are more concerning.

Jon

If someone did choose to really worship Mary or the saints, that would be heresy then and now. Certainly not something the Church would support, but there will always be those who don’t listen. Luther said the Hail Mary was a beneficial prayer, and that we should honor Mary as Christ’s mother, however he nicked off the end of the Hail Mary, leaving it as:

Hail Mary, Full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

lol. Good luck with that.

I never said that he did. :shrug:

To deny Mary as the Mother of God is to deny the divinity of Christ. Jesus is God. Mary was His Mother. And just as my own mother is not just mother to my body, Mary was not simply thr Mother of God’s human form. As Jesus was growing in the womb, it was Mary’s blood that nourished Him. When He was growing as a child, it was His loving Mother and foster-father that provided for Him. When Jesus performed his first Miricle at Cana, what was Mary’s role? She told the serveants to do whatever Jesus asked! She does the same today! She points always to her Son! We aren’t worshipping her! We are asking her to point us to her Son! We are giving her the respect she deserves! I love the Blessed Virgin. Why? She provided an example for all of us to follow. She said yes. She fully accpted God’s will. And by honoring her, we fulfill the Scriptures, for all generations most certainlt have called her blessed!

Why do we need someone to point us to Jesus? Do you not know him? Do you not trust him fully? Jesus said that even more blessed than Mary are those who never seen him but yet believe.

Jesus never said that. He said that to Thomas. In fact, when he said that, Mary wasn’t even present. However the Scriptures do say this: (Luke 1:46-48, KJV)

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, **from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. **

Yet you say we owe Mary no honor? The Scriptures say otherwise.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.