Protestants: Prove from scripture that Jesus took upon our punishment and your imputed with his Righteousness

The Catholic Church teaches Jesus puchased Gods favor by being an obediant servant not that he was punished in our place. We also teach we are infused with the Righteousness of Christ not imputed big differnce. And we teach that Justification is not a one time event.

(Phil 2:5-11) Jesus purchased God’s favor by being an obedient servant not by taking on our punishemnt

We are not a dung hill covered in snow (Imputed) according to Luther. we are turned into snow (Infused) according to the Church

Justification not as a one time event

Rom 3: 4May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written, “THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS, AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED.”

Mat 12: 36"But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. 37"For by your words you will be** justified**, and by your words you will be condemned."

Rom 2: 13for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

James 2: 21Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? [Genesis 22:9-12] 22You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected; 23and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS,” and he was called the friend of God. 24You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?

further more

Protestants believe Original Sin to be where the human nature became corrupted

Catholics Believe Original sin to be

By his sin Adam, as the first man, lost the original holiness and justice he had received from God, not only for himself but for all human beings.

Adam and Eve transmitted to their descendants human nature wounded by their own first sin and hence deprived of original holiness and justice; this deprivation is called "original sin.”

As a result of original sin, human nature is weakened in its powers, subject to ignorance, suffering and the domination of death, and inclined to sin (this inclination is called “concupiscence”).

Catholic believe that Jesus came to restore us to show us how it was meant to be in the begining giving us the Grace so we can be what we where originally intended to be

Protestants believe Jesus came to cover us up because we are corrupt because of the fall and we cant possibly do any good and therefore belive in Imputed rightousness where as catholics believe we are infused so we can be as good as we are called to be.

So I would like to hear why Protestants teach what they teach when it is allian from Scripture and allian from what our Church fathers tough?

And thanks to

Catholic Dude and Lazerlike42 who have helped me to understand the Catholic teaching

these are the websites that they provided and helped me to understand the truth behind Justification

catholicdefense.googlepages.com/article.htm (Catholic Dude)

soladeiverbum.com/gracealone.shtml (Lazerlike42)

Have you tried the Non-Catholic forum? Maybe someone there wants to reply. There don’t seem to be any takers here.

It seems you might have ended a discussion before it even started.

I agree that you might get more takers on the non-Catholic forum. I have trouble reconciling some of these verses, such as:

2 Cor 5:21
21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin

1 Peter 2:24
24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness.

I can’t understand how His death is not substitionary. Maybe that is not related to your question, but that is one of the doctrines I get stuck on still.

Rom 10:9
if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

This simplified formulation seems like it has caused more trouble than it’s worth!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.