Protestants: What Are You Still Protesting??

It’s been 500 years. Time to get over it and come home.

What Are You Still Protesting??

Theologically, has Roman Catholicism changed in 500 years? If the answer is no, then there’s your answer.

since Rome had not changed in the first 1500 years why should it have changed in the last 500.

But if everything beyond 500 years was Catholic, despite some errors in the CC, what is it you don’t get? even tho there were some errors, Christ still established the Catholic church.

Christ is even now building His church upon the foundation of the Apostles, He Himself the corner stone. What He did not “establish” is Catholicism. Catholicism (Roman and Orthodox) is a time developed, theological, religious system.

This will bring 'em back. Inspirational.

Of course he established Catholicism. The proof is that people were Catholic in their beliefs back then. Just look at the writings on the Catacomb walls, and all the saints that became saints back then. Everything was Catholic. What is it you don’t see or don’t want to see?

I never claimed to be an inspirational speaker.

I’m asking a simple question. (But perhaps some people don’t like the question.)

Precisely what theologies do you have in mind?

As for Rome changing, did all you guys miss Vatican II?

Or Trent?

Or any of the other MAJOR CHANGES! :smiley:

Grace & Peace!

I can’t say I’m protesting anything…but two big things keep me from swimming the Tiber:

1: The Pope’s claim of supreme ordinary authority.
2: A marked tendency toward legalism (if these forums are anything to go by).

Under the Mercy,
Mark

Deo Gratias!

Well Jesus said to Peter “On this rock you will build my church, what ever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, whatever you loosed on earth will be loosed in heaven”. That is the papacy. Jesus left Peter in charge here on earth until He comes. Imagine if we didn’t have a pope. There would be much confusion and chaos like the other 30,000 denominations out there. My pope is the ‘glue’ that holds it all together.

At the moment, this thread. :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.