Protestants why did the Apostles, all except for John, abandoned Jesus Christ?

Protestants why did the Apostles, all except for John, abandoned Jesus Christ?

(Mark 14: 50)Then his disciples leaving him, all fled away.

Yes, in the agony in the garden, they all fled and left Jesus, including John, for fear of being arrested and most likely killed and each hid themselves each running their own way.

But what about John, Who gave John, the Courage to come back and stand at the foot of the Cross, when he himself was being sought after, by the Jews and the Romans?

Protestants, It’s only obvious, that John, ran to Virgin Mary, and it was Virgin Mary, who took John under her wing/mantle and gave John the Courage, Strength, Blessings, Hope and Grace, to stand by her side while her Son and her God was nailed to a Cross, and it goes a step further and that was Jesus’s last command for us all while he was yet alive, you find this in John 19:26, 27) Jesus therefore, seeing his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, says to his mother, Woman, behold thy son. 27 Then he says unto the disciple, Behold thy mother. And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home./ …Protestants, Woman behold thy son and to his disciple John behold thy Mother, is indeed a loving command from Jesus Christ that we all Must follow! Must be Obeyed for we are all one Big Family with a Father and Mother.

The very next verse, verse 28 Jesus relized that, after saying His last loving Command while he was yet alive, Jesus Christ realized it was about over and in (John 19: 28) After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now finished,…

Protestants, about Virgin Mary, she who gave birth to Jesus, who fed Jesus, who clothed Jesus, she who was told in Luke 2: 35 And thy own soul a sword shall pierce, that, out of many hearts, thoughts may be revealed. she who visited her cousin Elizabeth and helped her for three months, while Virgin Mary herself was pregnant, pregnant with a King of Kings, Imagine, a Queen Mother helping her subject, she who interceded for the wedding couple, our Lord’s first Miracle, turning water into wine, even when it was not his time to do a Miracle, Jesus did a Miracle, for his Queen Mother, and Virgin Mary tells the servant “Do what ever he tell you.” She who Helped John, to be by her side at the foot of the Cross. Virgin Mary, also, tells us to “Do whatever He tells you.”

Protestant, Imagine, if the rest of the Apostles came to Virgin Mary like John did that fearful night. I tell you, that all of the Apostles would of been present, present there, under Virgin Mary’s wing/mantle safe from all harm, with Virgin Mary their Mother, at the Foot of the Cross.

As children, how many times have we, when we wanted something from our dad, we find that the Most perfect way to get it, is to go to our Mother? It is the Same with Virgin Mary our Mother the Most perfect way! The wedding feast in Cana, proves it!

[size=]If john ran to Virgin Mary, the lesson here is, we all should to, because Virgin Mary will alway’s take us to Jesus Christ, the Perfect way as she took John among the mist of fear at the foot of the cross. AMEN[/size]

God Bless you all

Ufamtobie

A great spiritual thought =) Thank You

Is this from the Gospel according to Ufamtobie :slight_smile: ? A lot of this is sheer imagination - & why should Protestants accept sheer imagination, when they have something more reliable, such as the NT ? It’s this kind of thing that gives many Protestants the creeps about the BVM as presented by the CC :frowning: - very understandably.

As for the implication that God is to be “got round” by going to the BVM - that is appalling. It’s a complete deformation of the Biblical truths of the Christian’s adoption by grace, & of his having God as his Father. It implies that God’s Will is not good enough, that it can be overturned by appealing to a mere creature. :eek: If the BVM is a means for asserting our wills over that of God then she has been made into a means of rejecting God - & that is to make her the enemy of God & not his handmaid; which is horrendously unfair to her. That is the kind of idea that is proof to so many that the CC is knee-deep in heresy & error. Catholics have to take that seriously.

a very good post but wait for the heat

It is speculative to say that, when they fled the garden, John went to Mary, or that the others did not. That John shows up at the cross with Mary tells us something very special about both of them. Saying that he shows up because of Mary is also speculation.
Whether or not that is the case, it does not change the fact that the BVM is, in Luther’s words, except for Christ Himself, the noblest gem in Christendom. I think she would blush at even that statement.

Oh, and John was pretty wonderful, too.

Jon

Is this Church doctrine or is it just your personal interpretation/opinion?

Personal interpretation? :eek: :smiley:

Jon

Exactly my point.

However…if there is teaching on this I would love to see it. I’m open to having my mind changed on that.

I think that all mature men were barred from the area of a crucifixion to avoid uprisings. John was probably the youngest of the apostles. Note that he is usually portrayed as beardless. As a youth he may have been young enough to be below the ban on adult men.

I have heard this elsewhere, but have no authoritative source. It is just speculation.

Maybe HE is the one who talked THEM into sticking around…

JonNC.

Speculative? How so? Was not John with Virgin Mary at the foot of the cross? So this is no way Speculative, but the Truth! It is only obvious that John Found Virgin Mary.

As you well know, in the Garden, that night the Apostles scattered here and there each his own way, Happy is John, that he obviously ran to Virgin Mary, and it was Virgin Mary, who brought John to the cross.

JonNC, you can’t argue with the truth! Trying to do so, only shows how scared you are of Virgin Mary’s Graces to bring you Closer to the foot of the Cross yourself and bring you into the Catholic Church.

Virgin Mary, always will bring anyone closer to Jesus Christ, no matter what kind of circumstance they/you are in, this is the reason why, I have posted this thread.

As Virgin Mary, came to the Help of Elizabeth, as Virgin Mary herself shall be pierced with a sword-so that thoughts of many hearts be revealed. As Virgin Mary came to the Help of the wedding Couple of Cana, and this shows EVERYONE wether they love it or not, that Jesus Christ, would do anything that SHE asks of HIM, even a Miracle before HIS time, and this miracle regarded wine, how much more for our SOULS! As Virgin Mary came to the Help of John, by taking him, by her Motherly hand/protection of his fears, to the foot of the cross.

Above all, ABOVE ALL! Virgin Mary, has Helped Us All! Yes, you too JonNC. She was that Beautiful road that Our Lord shined His Glory upon to come to us and that Saved us all! How so? Virgin Mary, by saying Yes! to have Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Mary Said: “I am the servant of the Lord. Let It Be Done To ME as You Say.” Now JonNC, don’t get me wrong, It is JESUS CHRIST WHO SAVES US TRHOUGH THE SHEDDING OF HIS BLOOD AND WE CAN ONLY BE SAVED THOUGH HIM!!!

JonNC, Imagine, Virgin Mary said, No? She had the will to say no to have our Savior.

JonNC, I leap for Joy every time I hear the name Virgin Mary, I must say I am like John the Baptist, who also leapt for Joy in Elizabeths womb when he heard Virgin Mary greeting. Amen

JonNC, now Elizabeth, not of her own accord, but Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit, so it is acctually the Holy Spirit who praises Virgin Mary, THROUGH Elizabeth, as it is the HOLY SPIRIT, who praises Virgin Mary through Elizabeth, Why can’t WE? And why can’t we daily?

I’m sure Elizabeth and John the Baptist were alive today, they would be Catholics, cause they sure sound like Catholics, Praising and Leaping for Virgin Mary, while they were alive.

JonNC, have you leapt for Virgin Mary? Christmass and Easter is not enough, if that.

PS. JonNC, I noticed that you many times if not alway’s’ abbreviate “BVM” I don’t think you abbreviate “BMV” because you want to save time, because you can go on and on, with your qoutes and threads here at CAF. Spell it out totaly your/Our Mother’s name “Blessed Virgin Mary” don’t wory you are not going to turn Catholic if you do so, but you will be on that Beautiful Road, mentioned above to the Catholic Church./COLOR]

Ufamtobie

Why is it necessary that John went to Mary? Isn’t it equally likely that John went to the Cross on his own and met Mary there?

I’m not sure how this argument adds to our Catholic beliefs about the Blessed Virgin. “Mother, behold thy son. Son, behold thy mother.” is much stronger than this, which is purely speculative.

=ufamtobie;5054117]JonNC.

[size=]Speculative? How so? Was not John with Virgin Mary at the foot of the cross? So this is no way Speculative, but the Truth! It is only obvious that John Found Virgin Mary.
As you well know, in the Garden, that night the Apostles scattered here and there each his own way, Happy is John, that he obviously ran to Virgin Mary, and it was Virgin Mary, who brought John to the cross.[/size]
I do not wish to argue with you about this, in that you believe that is what took place, it does not seem a harmful belief, and it clearly brings joy to your heart. I would only say that scripture, to my knowledge, does not state that John went to May after leaving the garden. It is quite possible that he would, as would the others, but it is still speculative.
In this case speculating can be a positive activity.

[quote]SIZE=“2”]JonNC, you can’t argue with the truth! Trying to do so, only shows how scared you are of Virgin Mary’s Graces to bring you Closer

to the foot of the Cross yourself and bring you into the Catholic Church.
Virgin Mary, always will bring anyone closer to Jesus Christ, no matter what kind of circumstance they/you are in, this is the reason why, I have posted this thread.
[size=]As Virgin Mary, came to the Help of Elizabeth, as Virgin Mary herself shall be pierced with a sword-so that thoughts of many hearts be revealed. As Virgin Mary came to the Help of the wedding Couple of Cana, and this shows EVERYONE wether they love it or not, that Jesus Christ, would do anything that SHE asks of HIM, even a Miracle before HIS time, and this miracle regarded wine, how much more for our SOULS! As Virgin Mary came to the Help of John, by taking him, by her Motherly hand/protection of his fears, to the foot of the cross.
Above all, ABOVE ALL! Virgin Mary, has Helped Us All! Yes, you too JonNC. She was that Beautiful road that Our Lord shined His Glory upon to come to us and that Saved us all! How so? Virgin Mary, by saying Yes! to have Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Mary Said: “I am the servant of the Lord. Let It Be Done To ME as You Say.” Now JonNC, don’t get me wrong, It is JESUS CHRIST WHO SAVES US TRHOUGH THE SHEDDING OF HIS BLOOD AND WE CAN ONLY BE SAVED THOUGH HIM!!![/size]

JonNC, Imagine, Virgin Mary said, No? She had the will to say no to have our Savior.

JonNC, I leap for Joy every time I hear the name Virgin Mary, I must say I am like John the Baptist, who also leapt for Joy in Elizabeths womb when he heard Virgin Mary greeting. Amen

JonNC, now Elizabeth, not of her own accord, but Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit, so it is acctually the Holy Spirit who praises Virgin Mary, THROUGH Elizabeth, as it is the HOLY SPIRIT, who praises Virgin Mary through Elizabeth, Why can’t WE? And why can’t we daily?

I’m sure Elizabeth and John the Baptist were alive today, they would be Catholics, cause they sure sound like Catholics, Praising and Leaping for Virgin Mary, while they were alive.

JonNC, have you leapt for Virgin Mary? Christmass and Easter is not enough, if that.

PS. JonNC, I noticed that you many times if not alway’s’ abbreviate “BVM” I don’t think you abbreviate “BMV” because you want to save time, because you can go on and on, with your qoutes and threads here at CAF. Spell it out totaly your/Our Mother’s name “Blessed Virgin Mary” don’t wory you are not going to turn Catholic if you do so, but you will be on that Beautiful Road, mentioned above to the Catholic Church.

You, my friend, are a remarkable Christian! I promise I will more often spell out the Blessed Virgin Mary’s name. I give thanks that she said “yes”. And I give thanks for your witness, too.

Jon
[/quote]

Note that Saint John first went to the High Priest’s house with Saint Peter.

12* So the band of soldiers and their captain and the officers of the Jews seized Jesus and bound him. 13 First they led him to Annas; for he was the father-in-law of Caiaphas, who was high priest that year. 14* It was Caiaphas who had given counsel to the Jews that it was expedient that one man should die for the people. 15* Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so did another disciple. As this disciple was known to the high priest, he entered the court of the high priest along with Jesus, 16 while Peter stood outside at the door. So the other disciple, who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to the maid who kept the door, and brought Peter in. 1

John 18:12-16
It seems reasonable to suppose that at the conclusion of that that he took the news to the Blessed Mother.

Gottle of Geer, “Proof”? Now I know for sure, you are not Catholic by your qoute above. Again, your lie is expossed by your own writings/qoutes. Above you write “Catholics have to take this seriously” Well, Gottle of Geer, Aren’t you Catholic? The answer to that is, NO! the only PROOF here is by your qoutes that showsPROOF you pretend to be Catholic at CAF and by the Holy Spirit, this has been revealed. Amen!

Please do not bother to write, I HATE LIES, AND ESPECIALLY LIES TO THE HOLY SPIRIT, ask God for forgivness.

Ufamtobie

Where in the Gospels does it say John went to Mary and then in turn Mary gave John the courage to show up at the crucifixion :shrug:

I don’t go to Mary so she can take me to Jesus. I go to Jesus directly because I can. Here we are putting Mary above Christ once again!!!

It is so crystal clear yet Catholics dont see it.

NDfan, putting Virgin Mary above Christ? Not at all, I do not put Virgin Mary above Christ, nor does the Catholic Chruch put Virgin Mary above Christ. All I am saying is Virgin Mary will help us as well to find her son. Did Not Virgin Mary say “Do whatever He tell you” Did Not Virgin Mary Bring Jesus in her womb to Elizabeth, Virgin Mary, will bring us to Jesus.

(LUKE 1: 42) Elizabeth was filled with the holy Spirit and cried out in a loud voice: “Blest are you among women and blest is the fruits of your womb”

Or what about this: (Luke 1: 43) who am I that the Mother of my Lord should come to me?

NDfan, the Bible verses above was Elizabeth wrong to praise Virgin Mary First and then Jesus Second? But, remember Elizabeth here was filled with the Holy Spirit.

NDfan, should of Elizabeth said: “who am I that the Lord comes to me” Thruth is Elizabeth did not say that but filled with the Holy Spirit said " who am I that the MOTHER of my Lord should come to me."

NDfan, did Elizabeth above put Virgin Mary First? Well, scripture has it that Elizabeth did put Virgin Mary first in praise, but we know in reality that Elizabeth does not put Virgin Mary above Her Lord. NOR do I or the Catholic Church!!!

NDfan, if Virgin Mary while Pregnant with Jesus Christ in her womb came and visited YOU, who would you praise first?

“Who am I that the MOTHER of my Lord should come to me”

Ufamtobie

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.