Protesters block some security checkpoints ahead of inauguration

As we’ve seen in the past few months, a lot of them are doing it because they’re being paid and bussed in to do so. One leftist group was actually advertising- $2,500 month retainer with a requirement to show up for a certain number of protests, if I recall correctly it was 5.

Funny about all these people claiming they’re worried about police states, brownshirts, and violence-- they seem to be creating a lot of it themselves.

I liked Burge’s tweet about a university’s reaction to a conservative speaker being invited-

University-- you can’t have that speaker because we’re worried about possible violence.
Sponsor- Who do you think will be committing the violent acts?
University- us

Kind of like the Trump rallies.

• We’re worried about the violence Trump will incite.
  • By who?
  • Us, his opponents.

No. Did you read what I wrote? Filming a guy with a sign. No police near him.

Please. Their behavior is to be filmed. Not the police. The police aren’t throwing rocks, breaking windows and now I see, setting things on fire. So please try and keep your perspective. This is useless, pointless protesting turned violent.

To be fair, some of it isn’t even anti-Trump as much as folks who are just looking for an excuse.

I agree! :thumbsup:

Seriously? Cinder blocks? That’s seriously dangerous… I hope they get arrested and charged. Do you have any articles verifying this?

Yes. But time move on and things change.
What is the party affiliation of KKK members now? How are they voting now?

Channel 8news and channel 7 news ( both in D.C.) reported it live. Their words not mine. I saw pretty big one though. They are definately tearing up the bricks off the sidewalk.

They destroyed a limo. Havent lit it up yet. I’m a little concerned because my guys and gals are in D.C. on stand-by. Hopefully no where near this.

This says chunks of concrete…

wbaltv.com/article/police-using-pepper-spray-to-control-violent-dc-protests-during-inauguration/8619924

Anyone engaging in and destruction of property should be arrested.

Serious legal action needs to be taken against DisruptJ20. These people have openly advocated and helped organize violent protesters for two months now. This is not protected by the 1st Amendment.

Absolutely. I just hate this crud, period.

From merriam-webster.com/dictionary/terrorism, if you scroll down to the law dictionary definition for terrorism:

1 : the unlawful use or threat of violence especially against the state or the public as a politically motivated means of attack or coercion

The National Institute of Justice, www.nij.gov/topics/crime/terrorism/Pages/welcome.aspx, provides the following:

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) defines terrorism as “the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.” "

So, I think there’s an argument to be made that these are acts of terrorism and the folks funding and participating should be charged as terrorists.

I found it depressing to hear the interviews of residents of Ferguson and Charlotte talking about how these outsiders came in and destroyed neighborhoods, stores the locals needed to use, owned by folks they knew and liked. Just that helplessness. Arrest statistics backed them up as overwhelmingly, those arrested were from out of the area.

There are folks who like to destroy things, and they’d be just as likely to show up for some kind of right-wing protests (if there ever is such…) as an excuse to loot/pillage/burn.

Protesters smashed windows of a Starbucks and Bank of America in Washington, DC, during Pres. Trump’s inauguration cnn.it/2jVFnEc

twitter.com/cnn/status/822513553764679680

Criminals

MODERATOR NOTICE

No name calling
Participants are strongly reminded that charity is essential to our discussions here.

If you wish to review the subject, please see [thread=132852]Charity[/thread] for specifics, or [thread=116150]CAF rules[/thread] for an overview, both of which are located in the Rules of the Road sub-forum.

How does smashing a Starbuck’s window protect them from ‘police brutality’

I wonder who is fueling this? I bet it someone(s) behind the scenes, with big money, playing the politicians and media to fire this up. People have a right to peacefully protest, but why would they? Because President Trump said a few silly things, yet they support Obama and Hillary who vouch for killing babies in the womb along with changing laws to destroy marriage and the family. This should be a day of celebration, ridiculous.

That’s terrible. I hope the police catch them all and hold them responsible for their actions.

Anti Trump protesters breaking windows at anti Trump Starbucks. If it would be funny if it weren’t so sad.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.