Punk band performs at the Vatican?

Has this been verified by Catholic sources? This has got to be the weirdest story I have heard in a long time:

*Faris Badwan, frontman for UK goth-punkers the Horrors, has a new project: Cat’s Eyes, a duo with the Canadian opera soprano and multi-instrumentalist Rachel Zeffira. The group specializes in a glassy, symphonic take on girl-group pop, and they played their first show in December in a pretty unusual place: St. Peter’s Basilica at the Vatican, during an afternoon mass “attended by seven high-ranking cardinals,” according to a press release.

Below, you can watch a video of the duo performing a reworked version of their song “I Knew It Was Over” at St. Peter’s with the church’s organ and choir. Zeffira, who had already performed at the Vatican, had the idea to debut the new project in this grandly incongruous setting. Friends of the band managed to sneak cameras past the cathedral’s tight security. [emphasis added]*
UNQUOTE
Source: pitchfork.com/news/41313-the-horrors-frontman-faris-badwan-starts-new-band-called-cats-eyes-performs-at-the-vatican/

Is this supposed to something along the lines of Kronos Quartet or Brian Eno and that’s why they’re playing at the Vatican, or what am I missing here? :confused:

You can see the video of the performance below. It's more tame than the article might make it sound btw:-

catseyesmusic.com/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.