Puppy Training on Sunday

Hi, We have a 5 month old puppy and want to take him to Petsmart puppy training; however, my choices are Sundays at 11:30 a.m. at a store a mile and a half away from my house or Saturdays at 10 am to the store that’s 5 miles away. Would it be sinful to go to the closer training on Sundays, or should I just go to the farther Petsmart on Saturdays? Probably Saturdays–right? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Hi, Never mind! I found a training class on Wednesday night at the closer store!

The Catechism states that we are required to refrain “from those activities which impede the worship of God and disturb the joy proper to the day of the Lord or the necessary relaxation of mind and body.”

Once your Mass requirement has been satisfied, I don’t see how spending time with your pet, whether in the yard or in obedience “school” would violate this in any way.

Catholics can visit petsmart on Sundays.

Puppies!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Training our dear canine friends on Sunday is certainly no sin.

One might say it is a boon to take part in such a dog-matic activity…

:wink:
tee

You just couldn’t resist, could you? :rolleyes:

It would seem ok as long as you don’t have to pull the puppy out of a ditch apparently…

Habemus puppy!

I couldn’t, either…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.