Purge the Bigots

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/frame_game/2014/04/brendan_eich_quits_mozilla_let_s_purge_all_the_antigay_donors_to_prop_8.html

I can’t help but find this mentality disturbing. One of the main reasons I became disillusioned with liberalism was how their championing for inclusiveness of people and ideas was forgotten once they got their way on an issue. Clearly that mindset is still going strong :frowning:

Edit: I forgot to include that while William Saletan wrote this from a satirical angle, the thousands of commenters are taking it seriously, and agreeing.

That really is quite shocking.

I could be wrong, and I’m not familiar with the author of the linked article, but I took this as satire - pointing out that it was silly for everyone to make a huge deal about Mr. Eich while ignoring the fact that there were tons of backers throughout many many more companies that we also deal with on a daily basis.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.