Purity Rings

I'm a teen looking at getting a purity ring and I was wondering what the steps to getting it were. Is there a special set of steps in the catholic community for a person to make this important promise to God?

Well first I’m glad you are interested in that :thumbsup: keep it up!

And second, well I don’t think there are any ‘steps’ or anything. Here go to this link:
chastity.com/ and browse around. They sell pledge cards which are basically the same things as purity rings (except these are more Catholic I believe).

Also, try praying. It is very, very hard, if not impossible, to stay totally pure through your own will power. Pray to our Blessed Mother and Jesus for Purity of Heart. The Rosary can work wonders!! (try this too: catholictradition.org/Mary/novena.htm)

Good luck! :D:):thumbsup:

[quote="esbee, post:1, topic:185022"]
I'm a teen looking at getting a purity ring and I was wondering what the steps to getting it were. Is there a special set of steps in the catholic community for a person to make this important promise to God?

[/quote]

I think this is really between you and God...my parents did give me my ring, purityrings.com/Products/girls-14k-yellow-gold-giftwrapped-heart-purity-ring.aspx

but I asked to have it blessed, and have made the promise to stay pure to God...

Here are some nice ones for you to look at.....
purityrings.com/

The idea of purity rings originated in protestant churches, so there are, to my knowledge, no strictly Catholic practices for promising and wearing one.

Talk with your pastor or youth minister about your desire to make a promise and wear a purity ring to symbolize that promise. That would be a first step.

At 42, I am in a seriously different time of life, but I do have a ring that I wear even now to remind me of the treasure that is chastity. There was no ritual to this. I simply found a ring to represent my commitment to live as God asks. I have never asked to have it blessed, but I’m sure my pastor would oblige if I explained my intention and asked him to bless it.

God bless you, dear one.

Gertie

I’m a teen too and I got a purity ring after completing a chastity course and I wear it everyday. I’m fairly sure that you can buy the rings on the website once you register for the course. The couse isn’t specifically catholic but I thought it was great. The website is silverringthing.org.uk and the rings have 1thes 4:3-4 written on them. Look up that verse in the good book it’s the perfect thing to have as a reminder on the ring.

God Bless.

My purity ring is actually a rosary ring I bought on a Pilgramage to Lanciano,Italy (this is were the first eucharistic miracle happened).It was blessed by a Franciscan priest. I have used this ring when I was single and am still using it now that I am married ;)

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.