'Putin pays Trump,' said Republican leader Kevin McCarthy in private meeting during primaries

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” said Mr McCarthy, a Republican congressman for California, in the June 15, 2016 exchange - which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/17/vladimir-putin-ready-provide-record-donald-trumps-meeting-russian/

The calls are coming from inside the house…

Weird.

So let me get this straight. The billionaire leading the United States is being paid by the president of a relatively impoverished country. The billionaire then bombs the Russian ally in the Middle East and hurts Russia’s economy by increasing domestic oil production. Yup, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Extremely misleading headline

I’ll *again *post the following portion of the article:

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” said Mr McCarthy, a Republican congressman for California, in the June 15, 2016 exchange - which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post.

Please explain why the headline is “extremely misleading” given this information.

Because all he said is he thinks Putin pays Trump, a billionaire.

Rohrabacher: McCarthy was joking about Russia, but should be ‘very careful’ with humor

washingtonexaminer.com/rohrabacher-mccarthy-was-joking-about-russia-but-should-be-very-careful-with-humor/article/2623438

Also, **it’s important to note that the congressman’s remarks came amid a lighthearted moment during the 2016 meeting in which the attendees were laughing about the presidential election, the hacking of the Democratic National Committee and the possibility that the Russians had opposition research on Trump.

McCarthy, for his part, maintained Wednesday evening that he was just fooling around during the 2016 meeting.

It was “a bad attempt at a joke,” he told reporters. “If you listen to it, everybody laughs. So you know that it’s a bad attempt at a joke, and that’s all there is to it.”

“No one believes it to be true,” he added, saying he is “100 percent” confident in the president.**

Rohrabacher, who was also targeted by McCarthy’s comments, laughed off the news reports Wednesday.

washingtonexaminer.com/rep-kevin-mccarthy-was-just-kidding/article/2623440

Bold text my emphasis

The headline matches the content of the article – and it matches the content of the audio that’s been captured of McCarthy.

Interesting to note that McCarthy and Ryan both denied that the conversation took place until they found out there was a recording.

I wonder how long it will be before people simply tune out with these fake news? When will reality set in that trump isn’t going anywhere? Doesn’t matter. I’m enjoying the self induced lunacy from Trump haters.

Do you not know the difference between “Putin pays Trump” and “I think Putin Pays Trump”? lol

It was a joke, see link below
twitter.com/GOPLeader/status/864982841008033792

Thread closed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.