Putin sends letter to Trump about bringing "level of collaboration on the international scene to a qualitatively new level"

Putin sends letter to Trump about bringing “level of collaboration on the international scene to a qualitatively new level”

twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/812335453781168129

Trump praises letter from Russia’s Vladimir Putin that urges overhaul of US relationship with Russia cnn.it/2i9XNAp

I’m happy to see him reaching out like this. The purpose of governmental cooperation is to come to agreements both sides can live with, not to ignore countries merely because we don’t like their leaders. It’s the worst form of hubris to think that every country in the world has to abide by one leader’s standards or one party’s standards, as has happened over the last eight years with Obama. I am in high hopes that we can work with Russia to help settle the deep unrest and violence, especially against Christians, in the Middle East. And keep China in check, as well. We can’t afford to pretend that Russia and Putin don’t exist or expect to make other governments do what we want merely because we say so.

This sounds very promising!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.