Q for Creighton ladies

Do any of you gals have trouble, especially when youre starting out like me, distinguishing the sensation of “smooth” and “lubricant?” My instructor says a lot of my confusion may come from the fact that I do not seem to produce a good amount of fertile muucos and have probably not ever felt true lubrication, but I’d like some advice from other ladies as well

Imagine taking a big handful of raw egg and rubbing it between your two hands. I know it sounds gross, but that's what the lubrication sensation feels like to me. :)

smooth is like moist or wet and lubricant is very slippery like raw egg white like the pp said it well. its hard to see the differences at first but once you get a few cycles charted it get easier. weather you are trying to achieve or avoid once you discover you peak day and number of post peak days it will help a lot. the pre peak day can change some from cycle to cycle but the post peak rang shouldn’t change much. you should start seeing your pattern each cycle.

Thank you ladies! Now I have a second, related question; how do you distinguish true lubrication from personal, natural lubrication? I've had days in the middle of phase 3, following days where personal lubrication was present, where my normally pasty disrcharge is gooey and stretchy, and I'm wondering if it's a corelation and what i can do about it.

And yes I know I should discuss with my instructor, but she doesn't even live in this state and can't meet with us in person but once every few months.

[quote="sunnybunny, post:4, topic:252806"]
Thank you ladies! Now I have a second, related question; how do you distinguish true lubrication from personal, natural lubrication? I've had days in the middle of phase 3, following days where personal lubrication was present, where my normally pasty disrcharge is gooey and stretchy, and I'm wondering if it's a corelation and what i can do about it.

And yes I know I should discuss with my instructor, but she doesn't even live in this state and can't meet with us in person but once every few months.

[/quote]

there is no way to tell the difference with the creighton method you have to rely on your cycle pattern if your concerned about double peak then your only option is to abstain if your avoiding. creighton method doesn't like internal exams. there is a way to tell with the symptothermal method (stm) uses cervix checks, mucus, and temperature. I first learned the Creighton and used it for 3 years and switched to stm for this reason you are asking now. I know you may not want to switch methods let me explain your options. but first let me explain how cervix checks and temperature added to mucus checks can help. first don't check your cervix if it causes you to sin. your cervix sign is free it doesn't cost anything to learn how to check it and I feel its my most vauable sign of fertility. your cervix has a pattern basically your cervix is open when fertile closed when your not. this process happens slowly opens day by day and after peak day it closes right away. don't check in the am and don't check after using the bathroom (#2). a womens basal body temperature is low pre peak and rises 4 tenths right after peak day scientifically proving you have ovulated if you temp stays high. your temp can be high because of illness though. so what are your options. well you can use the creighton method and add your cervix checks but dont tell your instructor. the creighton method will tell you that this internal exams can offect your mucus but it doesn't for me. option 2 you can switch methods cheepest way is to buy the "the Art of Natural Family Planning" student guide online at a used book store. or you can buy it from the couple to couple league. if you switch you will need a bbt thermometer and new charts also. for me it was worth the switch I understand my cycle better by using the addtional signs (cervix and temp) which for me clears up the confusion about mucus in phase 1 and 3 for me. I don't want to turn this post into a method war. I'm just telling you there are other signs of your fertility that you can use. I live in "creigton country" and I have many friends that still use the creigton menthod and just added the cervix checks. with the stm the teachers are volunteers (free advice) and you can call anytime. I always had to "make a donation" when I spoke with my creigton instructor. please no one take this offensivley I don't want to start a war. I think every women deserves to know about all the signs of fertility weather she wants to use them or not.

[quote="sunnybunny, post:1, topic:252806"]
Do any of you gals have trouble, especially when youre starting out like me, distinguishing the sensation of "smooth" and "lubricant?" My instructor says a lot of my confusion may come from the fact that I do not seem to produce a good amount of fertile muucos and have probably not ever felt true lubrication, but I'd like some advice from other ladies as well

[/quote]

This is why I use the STM method. Mucous alone is too difficult to interpret--I need the temps to cross-check so I can be sure.

[quote="AAArose, post:5, topic:252806"]
there is no way to tell the difference with the creighton method you have to rely on your cycle pattern if your concerned about double peak then your only option is to abstain if your avoiding. creighton method doesn't like internal exams. there is a way to tell with the symptothermal method (stm) uses cervix checks, mucus, and temperature. I first learned the Creighton and used it for 3 years and switched to stm for this reason you are asking now. I know you may not want to switch methods let me explain your options. but first let me explain how cervix checks and temperature added to mucus checks can help. first don't check your cervix if it causes you to sin. your cervix sign is free it doesn't cost anything to learn how to check it and I feel its my most vauable sign of fertility. your cervix has a pattern basically your cervix is open when fertile closed when your not. this process happens slowly opens day by day and after peak day it closes right away. don't check in the am and don't check after using the bathroom (#2). a womens basal body temperature is low pre peak and rises 4 tenths right after peak day scientifically proving you have ovulated if you temp stays high. your temp can be high because of illness though. so what are your options. well you can use the creighton method and add your cervix checks but dont tell your instructor. the creighton method will tell you that this internal exams can offect your mucus but it doesn't for me. option 2 you can switch methods cheepest way is to buy the "the Art of Natural Family Planning" student guide online at a used book store. or you can buy it from the couple to couple league. if you switch you will need a bbt thermometer and new charts also. for me it was worth the switch I understand my cycle better by using the addtional signs (cervix and temp) which for me clears up the confusion about mucus in phase 1 and 3 for me. I don't want to turn this post into a method war. I'm just telling you there are other signs of your fertility that you can use. I live in "creigton country" and I have many friends that still use the creigton menthod and just added the cervix checks. with the stm the teachers are volunteers (free advice) and you can call anytime. I always had to "make a donation" when I spoke with my creigton instructor. please no one take this offensivley I don't want to start a war. I think every women deserves to know about all the signs of fertility weather she wants to use them or not.

[/quote]

Honey, don't be afriad of he enter key. it's your friend.

And I can't do STM. I tried it for several months but I don't have a chartable temp pattern. In fact, I don't shift, at all. Period. I just jump around erratically every day. So STM is not an option for me. Besides, no one teaches it here. We have to get our Creighton teacher from another state, if that shows you something.

Also, I don't agree with you suggesting I cheat my method and lie to my instructor.

Creighton method is made for trying to figure out difficult mucous patterns, etc. You learn to distinguish between fertile and non-fertile, even when it has some fertile characteristics, there is a difference. It takes awhile, but you figure it out. The addition of yellow stickers and the explanation that comes with it will help this.

[quote="sunnybunny, post:7, topic:252806"]
Honey, don't be afriad of he enter key. it's your friend.

And I can't do STM. I tried it for several months but I don't have a chartable temp pattern. In fact, I don't shift, at all. Period. I just jump around erratically every day. So STM is not an option for me. Besides, no one teaches it here. We have to get our Creighton teacher from another state, if that shows you something.

Also, I don't agree with you suggesting I cheat my method and lie to my instructor.

[/quote]

I only wrote it to make sure you know there were other signs of fertility. my creighton teacher didn't want to lose a client so she wouldn't help me find stm. we don't have stm teachers here eaither so I taught to myself. it isn't cheating if you are a mixture of stm and creighton you just using what works for you. I really truly do wish you the best with the creighton method. delphi forums nfp talk (you have to register) is a forum just for nfp. you may find the answer to you question there. I don't want to turn this post into a talk over the methods. I hope someone can answer your question and I'll leave it to the creighton ladies.

Yes, it is cheating the method. If you don't use the method as taught, then you're defaulting your teachings and may be crossing into acheving behavior rather than avoiding, according to the standards of whatever model you used.
Besides, I wouldn't have felt so suspicious of the advice if you hadn't explicitly told me to hide it from my teacher. You seem to have a deep-seated bias against Creighton as an existance rather than just not personally liking it yourself, seeing as how every reference you've made has been negative. I asked for advice from Creighton users, not people who wanted to insits I use a different method.

I guess you would mean arousal fluid? Well I think you would have to decide the circumstance KWIM.

In the beginning, always judge mucus on it’s merits. First wipe, don’t look, decide what it felt like, dry, smooth, lubricative. For me, it’s normally smooth, dry feels uncomfortable.

Then check if its 6, 8, 10 etc.

I would get your teacher’s email address, and e-mail her your questions. I do that still. If you could scan your chart somehow, and attach it to your email, that would be helpful on both sides.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.