Qualities for a husband I have come up with.. :)

List of attributes I want in a guy:
Christian
Stable Job(meaning able to provide for the family)
Shoudl love talking to each other
Respectful towards me
Looks decent (which means my heart goes :whacky: not the traditional good looks)
Down to earth and not a spendthrift.

Now everyone - is this too much to ask??? :shrug:

I think you need to make sure that his ring finger is longer than his pointer finger. And that his canine teeth aren’t sharp. I’m being sarcastic :stuck_out_tongue:
Other than that, good list!

rubs hands together Mmm… girly lists :smiley:

1. Very attractive, so much so that I would get electric currents when near him. Hard to describe what this would require, generally it’s a combination of physical appearance, personality, academic/professional/athletic achievements and general successfulness, the way he would carry himself, talk, interact.

Some more explanation of what makes a man attractive:

-Fun to be around, well read, well educated, able to carry on interesting conversations, tell interesting stories, have interesting ideas. Enough common interests so that we would have a lot of fun together (so no guys who spend all their free time watching team sports hehe).

-Hardworking and successful

-Masculine, has that “thing” where he commands the respect of other men, innate leadership qualities.

-But at the same time has a sensitive and kind side. Not emotionless/cold/cruel/arrogant etc. Has a lot of empathy.

-Some kind of athleticism, but not the beer drinking football kind? Maybe martial arts, or likes outdoors.

-Obviously in good shape. I personally really like when guys have hard edges, like when you can see their bone structure/tendons. Hee!

I feel so evil :smiley:

Yes. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I would also add…does not use illegal drugs. Rarely drinks alcohol. You have only seen him, at the most drunk once. Drunk twice, drop him.

Mine;

Catholic and practicing
Funny
Intelligent
Sweet-something to complement my tougher side and make me expose my softer side
Gentle
Strong
Doesn’t mind that I have ambitions
Hardworking
Good with kids

Looks really don’t matter to me. As for provider…I don’t think that matters, as long as he works hard at whatever he does and our children are well cared for. But I also have nothing against women working outside the home :smiley: My dad jokes that I’ll bring home the bacon and I’ll cook it :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, I should add, loves adventure.

I think I need to marry a pilot :smiley:

I know two young Catholic pilots who work for US Air. Actually, they’re brothers. :slight_smile:

Nice :D

Here's my list:

Born Male
Has Male Anatomy
Catholic

Should I put this on my Catholic Match profile? :p

Teehee~ Yes...;)

Practicing Catholic! (trust me, saying they are "Catholic" sometimes does not mean much)
Loving and Kind
Intelligent
Strong
Generous
Stable
Wants a family and an intelligent stay at home mother...
Taller than me...I know, I know...superficial, but it makes my heart pound when he is taller than me in heels. I think it portrays some kind of strength to me..:)
I would like someone who indulges my romantic side of my nature...not necessary per-say but very nice...;)

i like this one!! its kind of a biggie for me as my family does have a history of alcoholism… :frowning: and i get really turned off by people who drink too much

wow!! this seems like a big list… somehow i have seen successful masculine guys rarely have a soft side… yet to find one!

wants kids is a big one… adding that one to my list too… i am so into taller guys but i am thinking that is superficial (for me) and would totally settle for someone just my height if that meant he had everything else, which is quite reasonably big… :slight_smile:

the fact of the matter is i have been with a tall guy and he was a total jerk and then i saw all these normal guys who were complete sweethearts and treated their women so great that i decided to drop that attribute from my list… :slight_smile:

[quote="JesusInMe, post:11, topic:188048"]
wow!! this seems like a big list.. somehow i have seen successful masculine guys rarely have a soft side.. yet to find one!

[/quote]

I know one...:)

[quote="JesusInMe, post:12, topic:188048"]
he had everything else, which is quite reasonably big.. :)

[/quote]

I know what you mean... looks around :p Size does matter. Oh wait, you weren't talking about that?! EEK :eek: I really need to get married! :p:D:D:D:D

oh no!!! i was not talking about that!!! …

WAIT! was I? hehehehe ;):D:D:D:p

[quote="LilyElain, post:13, topic:188048"]
I know one...:)

[/quote]

well! that one does not do me any good my friend!! :p:D;)

[quote="JesusInMe, post:16, topic:188048"]
well! that one does not do me any good my friend!! :p:D;)

[/quote]

:rolleyes: ;)

I know right? No bragging! That’s like saying I had a really yummy cake, and then I ate it. It does no one no good. :mad: I want cake now… :frowning:

I was just kidding Lily! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="CountrySinger, post:18, topic:188048"]
I know right? No bragging! That's like saying I had a really yummy cake, and then I ate it. It does no one no good. :mad: I want cake now... :(

I was just kidding Lily! :p

[/quote]

ROFL :rolleyes::D:p

[quote="CountrySinger, post:18, topic:188048"]
I know right? No bragging! That's like saying I had a really yummy cake, and then I ate it. It does no one no good. :mad: I want cake now... :(

I was just kidding Lily! :p

[/quote]

:blushing: :rolleyes:;)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.